'04 Impressive Sportsman (Herzogs spare car)

Racing Edge

I am selling my spare car as a complete roller minus motor, tranny, gear, and lead.
'04 Impressive Sportsman
16 gal jazz cell
4 link and 3 link mounts
Full metric car
Ran only a handfull of times up until '06 when i bought it at the end of the season.
'07 Benton Mo. Track Champion
'07 I-55 6th place points
'08 I-55 Track Champion
'08 Ump National points 2nd place, Mo. state Champ
'09 I-55 Track Champion
'09 Fredericktown Raceway Track Champion

Car has new body on it from '10
Let me know if you are interested. Serious inquiries only!!
Additional photos and results can be found on www.herzog11.com
Thanks,
Jeff Herzog
573-225-9412

Attachments

• Jeff's_Car_picture_5[1].jpg
    Jeff's_Car_picture_5[1].jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 343
  • Pevely.jpg
    Pevely.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 269
This car will be on display at the "Midwest Speed Expo" in Springfield Illinois on January 8th and 9th. Bring a trailer and you can take it home with you!

Have talked to you before. Glassman from Flanagan. How much are you asking? Is this a clip car on springs or 3 link? Looking for 3link. Will you give somebody set up sheets? What color is the body? Thanks Gkassman

I'm asking $8,000 for it with the lead and everything but drivetrain. The car is a full frame metric car on stock 4 link rear suspension. I do have the mounts and the links for 3 link also. It all comes with it including 2 driveshafts, bellhousing, motor mounts. Ill throw in a bunch of stuff if someone is really interested. As far as the setup sheets go, we run on 4-link so a 3-link setup is quite a bit different. I'd be willing to put you in the ballpark though. The colors are still the same, black and yellow like the pics. The car has a brand new body on it including a nose. Feel free to call if anyone has any questions. Thanks

Wow guys, I just lost a ton of respect for you. It's one thing to not like the guy but do you really need to bash his ad? I'd like to think you're a bit more mature than this but I guess not.

Who is bashing anybody on here? The people that work at race shops should know how much this stuff really costs. You would be a fool to pay over $3700 for a Sportsman roller plain and simple. Just somebody giving you cheat sheets and telling you the setup doesn't mean crap unless your a good driver. Why would anybody want to get rapped here and pay that much is my question. Good honest people looking out for other's just isn't good enough for people these days. If you think that's a steal then by all means buy it. Your a whinner!!!

Dave you are correct about not liking him but that's not why I made my comment about it. $8k for a 7 year old sportsman roller is just outrageous. I will never take away his driving ability but his cocky attitude can kiss my u know what. Just bc it is a proven car doesn't mean the next owner will have the success Jeff had with it. Now through in one of them $12k aara legal engines and I would pay $8k. But come on be serious $8k for a roller? Would you pay it? I know you wouldn't so don't say you would to try and prove me wrong. That's why he still has the car. Drop the price and I am sure it would sell. I could see 5k for it but that's it. Call me immature if you wish but I am only stating the obvious. Good luck with selling the car though Jeff. Hope you find a ****er to pay that price. JMO

Well here i go!!! when is the last time any of you guys won a national championship? If the man thinks his stuff is worth that then that is his opinion!! Its bullsh$t you guys are on here slaming his post. But i guess im dirtboy and have a habit of the same thing lol... I really dont think the age of a car matters if the upkeep is done and you guy's know damn well he does that. The car havnt changed any since then and there is someone who will buy it and get a nice,fast car.. JMO

The last time I checked, a roller never won a race and that's my opinion. I know his stuff is good and don't doubt his driving ability. It shows in his stats above. Just trying to help out the average person in life, but then again what do any of us know, nobody is perfect. Sorry if I offend you Jeff, hope you sell that roller so fred flinston here can race it someday.

Yeah Dirtboy you definately shouldn't be one complaining about someone voiceing there opinion. We all know your the king of that.

Regardless of what you think or believe, there is some value in starting off with a proven car and if you have the money then buying this car is the next best thing to starting off with a brand new car (which will cost around $12k). And your lying to yourself if you really believe you commented out of kindness or to be a good samaritan. You wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't Jeff's ad.

And Craig, I think we all realize it takes a roller with a motor and someone driving it to win.

"you would be a fool to pay more than 3700 for a roller"????????????????? i think $8000 is high, but you get what you pay for. I wouldnt expect a top notch complete roller for $3700 or under

"you would be a fool to pay more than 3700 for a roller"????????????????? i think $8000 is high, but you get what you pay for. I wouldnt expect a top notch complete roller for $3700 or under

I agree with this guy. Everyone knows that Jeff has good equipment, but 8 is a huge number.

And Dirtboy, age DOES matter. No matter how well taken care of it is( and we all know Jeff takes care of it)... its this thing called metal fatigue. That happens when a car is raced.

I agree with you on the aged car TC but would you rather have an '08 that is not proven or an '04 that won a feature at Pevely just last season with a different driver and has multiple wins/championships? Look at the Eilers car, that car has won a ton of races and continues to win and its old as sin. To each their own, just not big on people ripping on a guys price when they don't have any interest in the car.

Good luck to all you guys this coming season.

Dave Armstrong

Oh no Dave, I know what you're saying, and I agree with you, to a point.. I was just stating to dirtboy the age does matter.

And I was interested, for about half the asking price. Lol.

I see lots of old cars that are winning.. Tommy thanks for telling me in a nice way lol. Most guy's on here are not so easy on me. I think if somebody wants to win and do it fast,then why not get a proven car. Jimmy what did you end up getting out of your car,you say you wouldnt pay more then $3700 so im just wondering.

Back