06/05/09: Buechting Racing claims 3 of the top 5 Pro-4 finishers at I-55

F5 Racer Fan

Go, Speedracer, Go-o-o-o!
You know??? I wasn't even going to recognize this with a post and give them the satisfaction, but the fans have a right to know what gives with the sudden change up in the Pro-4's...............:rolleyes:

Saturday, 06/06/09 (not 06/05)

So did they swap cars or did they claim them out right, I know it ****s but I would refuse and sit out 4 weeks and go race somewhere else till then. That is low to claim someone just because u cant beat them.

Like it or not, its the rules. Think about that before you build a car and run a division that has such rules. Claims are there for a reason. There used to be claims in other classes to. Such as the UMP Mods(not sure if they do anymore or not), but they used to have a motor claim. Like always, racers never did it unless they had an issue with another racer(which is the wrong reason to do it). Well, what do you get? UMP mods with 18-20++ grand motors now!

Pro 4's claimed

Didn't that team buy Chris Fisher's car that he won the track championship with? I haven't seen that car driven at all like Chris did to win.

Someone needs to claim the Buechting cars. I'm sure you could round up some money from other teams and do it. That's poor sportsmanship. Can't beat em' so we'll claim their cars?

UMP Modifieds still have an engine claim rule. No one uses it.

Like it or not, its the rules. Think about that before you build a car and run a division that has such rules. Claims are there for a reason. There used to be claims in other classes to. Such as the UMP Mods(not sure if they do anymore or not), but they used to have a motor claim. Like always, racers never did it unless they had an issue with another racer(which is the wrong reason to do it). Well, what do you get? UMP mods with 18-20++ grand motors now!

The claim rule is there to keep drivers from doing what they have done to these cars. These were supposed to be cars you weren't spending much money on. Some of those pro-4's have several thousand dollars in them and are far from "stock".

Someone needs to claim the Buechting cars. I'm sure you could round up some money from other teams and do it. That's poor sportsmanship. Can't beat em' so we'll claim their cars?

Chris the Fishman Fisher is a good buddy of mine and I hate to see this happen to him. The kid has talent and that is what gets him around that track so quickly. I'm really glad he didn't sell though, because now I get to see him a lot more at Tri-City Speedway. Keep driving hard Chris and I'll see ya at the track on Fridays.

Dan Ems

Claimed cars

Ok, let me start by saying that the Pro-4 division is NOT the division I go to see at Pevely. I wouldn't pay $1 to see that class race, but I'm subject to watching it since it is there.
Now, I've been wondering why the three cars claimed were always running AT LEAST 3/4 of a track ahead of the other 36 cars. If you want to run a car and you invest that much money into making it illegal, why not put that money into a car for a different class?
As for the team that claimed you, I don't see them winning either, and as the one post stated, one of their cars was previously owned by one of the claimed drivers. I would say that this team was only helping the rest of the division stay competitive, since this is a low $$ division. Did you ever think that maybe it wasn't just that team that came up with the $$?? Maybe more drivers/teams contributed to the pot. It wouldn't surprise me. I would much rather watch a competitive race than one where 3 or 4 people are not playing by the rules, which is exactly what is happening.
Just an opinion, but I wonder how many people would agree with me?

If he's such a great driver have him drive one of the Buechting cars and see if he still wins. Also, maybe but that girl from Buechting's team in his car and see if she can handle Chris' car. There's several other great, young drivers not associated with the Buechting or Fisher groups out there that are running pure stock cars and doing a great job.

Chris drove the 667 to a championship, then sold it to the buechtings!! So he has nothing to prove with them.

if u dnt want ur car claimed dnt put 2,000 into a 4cyl.9 out of 10 times u dnt sell u are cheating.drivers make a big difference but just like at highland there are some who has to cheat.if the same 3 cars are outrunning the field by 3/4s of a lap every week at pevely they are not stock by no means,thats common sense.i myself wouldnt run a 4cyl on a track bigger then highland those cars are not built good enough for any higher speeds.a cage bolted to the floor board just dnt cut it for me. bolts break.

claimed cars

As I said before, I don't go to see this class. So if it was up to me, I'd bench the 3 claimed cars and the Buechting group. Then we'd see how the pure stock cars and drivers really can race.

Ok, let me start by saying that the Pro-4 division is NOT the division I go to see at Pevely. I wouldn't pay $1 to see that class race, but I'm subject to watching it since it is there.
Now, I've been wondering why the three cars claimed were always running AT LEAST 3/4 of a track ahead of the other 36 cars. If you want to run a car and you invest that much money into making it illegal, why not put that money into a car for a different class?
As for the team that claimed you, I don't see them winning either, and as the one post stated, one of their cars was previously owned by one of the claimed drivers. I would say that this team was only helping the rest of the division stay competitive, since this is a low $$ division. Did you ever think that maybe it wasn't just that team that came up with the $$?? Maybe more drivers/teams contributed to the pot. It wouldn't surprise me. I would much rather watch a competitive race than one where 3 or 4 people are not playing by the rules, which is exactly what is happening.
Just an opinion, but I wonder how many people would agree with me?

I agree on all points made.

pro 4s

i was just talking about those 3 cars last night and was saying they need to tear them down. i know the tracks wont do it cause it will cost to much but i love to see someone challenge those cheaters. way to go!!!!!!

As I said before, I don't go to see this class. So if it was up to me, I'd bench the 3 claimed cars and the Buechting group. Then we'd see how the pure stock cars and drivers really can race.

Why would you bench the Buechting group, they are not running off with any races. You take away those 3 cars, you have about 20 others who are pretty much dead even.

Back