11th Annual IMCA Modified Show-Me Championship July 31 thru August 2

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
WEST PLAINS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
11th Annual IMCA Modified Show-Me Championship
Thursday, July 31; Friday-Saturday, August 1-2

WEST PLAINS, MO. The West Plains Motor Speedway will host the 11th Annual DirtWorks IMCA Modified Show-Me Championship, beginning Thursday, July 31, and continuing Friday and Saturday, August 1 - 2. This will, once again, be one of the highest paying IMCA sanctioned Modified Special Events in the country and DirtWorks Race Cars of Walker, MO, is the title sponsors again this year. Nearly $30,000 in prize money is being offered in the 40-lap Championship Feature on Saturday.

Each driver will have three chances to qualify for the $5,500 to win, $550 to start race. There will be qualifying rounds on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Each night, the field will be devided into heat events, and a qualifying feature will follow. The top eight finishers in those qualifying features will advance on to the Show-Me Championship that will follow the final round of qualifying on Saturday.

In addition to the purse, a long list of contingencie sponsors has been added by IMCA. Belleville Motorsports will award a $50.00 product certificate to the feature winner. Brinn Transmissions will award a $50.00 product certificate to the top ten in Saturday's feature, plus a chance to win a Brinn Transmission.

Design 500 Raceware will award a $100 product certificate to the 5th place finisher in the feature, and $100 product certificate to a non-qualifying car. Harris Auto Racing will award a $50 product certificate to the top finishing Harris Chassis.

Isky Racing Cams will award a $100 product certificate to the 2nd place finisher. Jet Racing will award a $50 product certificate off a $200 purchase to the highest finishing Jet Chassis.

KSE Racing Products will award a $100 product certificate to the 3rd place finisher. QA1 Motorsports will award a $50 product certificate to the 4th place finisher.

Racemart of Memphis, Missouri will award a $50 product certificate to the "Hard Luck" driver at the Show-Me Championship. Racing Optics will award a $50 product certificate to the 6th place finisher. RCI will award a $50 product certificate to the 7th place finisher.

Real Wheels will award a buy one, get one free certificate for the 8th place finisher that purchases one steel wheel from Real Wheels. Ringers Gloves will award a $50 certficicate to the 9th place finisher. Schoenfeld Headers will award a $50 product certficate to the 10th place finisher.

Gates are set to open at 6:00pm all three nights, with hotlaps scheduled for 7:30 and racing at 8:00pm. The pits will be open daily however, but will be cleared as the gates officially open. Ticket prices are $7.00 for adults on Thursday and Friday, with tickets for children 7-11, $2.00. Adult tickets will be $10.00 on Saturday with child tickets being $3.00. Pit passes will be $25.00 each night.

The West Plains Motor Speedway is located six miles south of West Plains on U.S. Highway 63. You can visit the West Plains Motor Speedway on the world wide web at http://www.westplains-speedway.com. For more information, you can contact Gibson Racing at 870-994-7447.

Back