12 Year-Old Tyler Morr Dies From Injuries Sustained In Crash

Groves82

[h=2]12 Year-Old Tyler Morr Dies From Injuries Sustained In Crash[/h]by John Gibson on May 24, 2012
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Print
Comments (44)

Earlier this week we brought you word of a young Tyler Morr who was in very critical condition after an accident at Auburndale Speedway on Saturday night. The 12 year-old boy was racing against four other young drivers in a kids club race when the accident happened.
When we first reported the news to you on Monday it seemed as if things were looking up, but on Wednesday afternoon Tyler lost the battle to his injuries. According to the Tampa Bay Times:
A 12-year-old boy who crashed into a wall during a children’s race last weekend at Auburndale Speedway has died, authorities said.
Tyler Morr, who lived in Arcadia, died at 3:15 p.m. Wednesday at All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg.
He had been there since Saturday night with critical injuries.
According to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, Tyler had been traveling about 40 mph along the oval in Winter Haven with four other young racers when he lost control of the car.
All of us at OneDirt.com were deeply saddened to learn of the loss. Our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Tyler Morr. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you today.

Everyone who climbs into a race car knows and understands the risks. That said, it is very sad when ANY racer dies from injuries on the race track. It stings even more knowing it was a child.

Prayers to his family and friends.

Thoughts and prayers to this young mans family. May god give this young man a really nice racecar up there and let him drive it like he stole it! Racing will always be dangerous but there are ways to make it as safe as possible. Like Rick said......spend the dollars on safety instead of a bigger and better motor or decals. Ive drove some pretty sad racecars in my time and ive also known the risks firsthand. Seen Spook Cunningham get t boned at Godfrey and they had to cut him out. But yet not even 2 years later i drove the sister car to that car and i knew if i ever got hit on the right side.......car would fold up like a pretzel. They do check belts alot and i dont think belts played into this crash. Ive heard several stories but will wait till a full investigation comes about and most important.....let this family have some peace in a really rough time. Man was just starting to chase his dream and no matter what.........its hard when it comes so soon.

Back