12th Annual Show-Me 100 Set for May 27-29

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
West Plains Motor Speedway
12th Annual Show-Me 100
Thursday thru Saturday, May 27-29

ASH FLAT AR. The 12th Annual Show-Me 100 is just a little over three months away. It's most certainly not to early to start planning a trip to the Missouri Ozarks, and spend your Memorial Weekend at the West Plains Motor Speedway for what has proved to be one of the most prestigous races in the country. For the 12th consequive year, many of the top Dirt Late Model teams in America will gather at the 3/8 mile red clay oval celebrating the beginning of Summer and dirt track racing.

Once again, the Show-Me 100 does what few other races do, and thats take a monsterous purse, and spread it all the way through the field for the 24 elite drivers that make the show. This year, the winner will receive $38,000 for his efforts, and the first man out of the race will still collect $3,800. Even the last chance qualifiers will pay far above average purses.

The format for the event will remain largely unchanged. Thursday, May 27 will offer both the Super Late Models and the Open Wheel Modifieds a chance to practice, getting their cars prepaired for the weekend. Following practice, the popular BBQ dinner will be held at the "blue barn."

On Friday, May 28, the Super Late Models will run qualifying time trials, and compete in the Manufacturer's Dash, and the Past Champions Race. The Open Wheel Modifieds will compete in a full program paying $500 to win.

Finally, on championship night, Saturday May 29, the Super Late Models will compete in heat races and last chance qualifiers, setting the field of 24 cars for the 12th Annual Show-Me 100. Once again, the Open Wheel Modifieds will run a full program with the feature winner getting $750. Both nights, the Modifieds will run unsanctioned, but IMCA rules will apply.

Reserved front-stretch seating is available, and tickets can be ordered from Gibson Racing for this years event by calling 870-994-7447. Camping is available at the track on a first come, first serve basis. You can visit the West Plains Motor Speedway on the World Wide Web at http://www.westplains-speedway.com

Back