130 amp ford alt. wanted

plumcrazy95

i am looking to upgrade to a bigger alternator , it is for a mustang 5.0 and i wanna ditch the stock 65 amp and go with the 3g alt which is 130 amp i think.it can be off just about any ford car or truck, let me know if ya have one or im a go e bay shoppin.

i really dont know if there is a way to tell or not besides putting a meter on it and testing the amps. if it is a stock one it probably is 65 amps, mine has all power opts. to and its only 65 amps.this is one of fords down falls on the electrical part. lol they give you 12 volts and thats it , you would think with fuel inj, and comp theyd put a 130 amp in it stock . still to this day they are still putting out the 65 and 80 amp. i am interested though if you find out the amperage.

just did a yahoo seach and came up with mustanf board that might be helpful a nother page sais any 94 or 95 mustang could do it pm me I could possibly help

65A - 75A: amps are stamped on front half of case on the side.
130A: amps are printed on rear bearing dust shield.

Bolt pattern and pulley height appear to be the same, wiring is a little different between the two.

I have a 130A '94 - '95 remanufactured in stock. This unit is remaned by World Wide Electrical which is the company that remanufactures AC/Delco's electrical parts, these are not the autozone junk ones so they are not real cheap.

$160.04 exchange
core is $87.50
lifetime warranty

thanks on the info, i can get mine re done to 130 amp with warrenty for 120. or just buy a new one for 140. i was just looking to see if anyone had one for sale off of an f 150 or lincoln they are the same also .i might just go to u wrench it and look around there only 10 bucks the and only 2 mins from my work . thanks a bunch to whom that let me know on how to tell the amps on the casing .

yes 94 and up came out with the stock 130 amp. if anyone has one for a 94 and up let me know , i am bidding on one on ebay right now for 38 bucks.

Back