$150,000 BRC Lazer Chassis Challenge Announced

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Doc Lehman

Jonestown, PA --- Bernheisel Race Cars, the makers of the Lazer dirt Late Model chassis, have recently announced a $150,000 promotional campaign where drivers will be eligible to be awarded a new Lazer Chassis contingent on their 2006 point finish with racetracks that have signed up for the BRC Lazer Chassis Challenge program. Nine different dirt tracks and one series have signed on for the BRC Lazer Chassis Challenge program with point champions being offered a new Lazer Chassis with minimal contingencies.

Tracks signing on for the program include Pennsylvania tracks Hesston Speedway, Roaring Knob Raceway, Thunder Valley Speedway, Port Royal and Penn Can Speedway. Maryland track signing up include Hagerstown Speedway, The Rock/Allegany County Speedway and Potomac Speedway. Ohio track Wayne County Speedway and the United Late Model Series are also participating in the program.

“We’ve always been a staunch supporter of local racing and local race tracks and what we wanted to do was show interest in the local races at weekly tracks,” explained Jim Bernheisel, owner of Bernheisel Race Cars. “What we do is we’ll give away a Late Model chassis to the point champion. There are some contingencies attached to it, they have to buy some pieces to finish the car so it’s done properly and they have to agree to race it.”

“But it’s an $11,000 package for $5995 and it’s a great deal for someone who really wants a car. Were also giving gift certificates for third, fifth and seventh place finishers in points good for anything at all and its doubled for anyone who runs a Lazer chassis. We want to spread it back through the pack a little bit. The champion always gets all the accolades so we decided to spread it through the pack a little.”

At most of the tracks the ‘Super’ Late Model and Limited Late Model point champions will be eligible for the Lazer Chassis while at Wayne County Speedway and the United Late Model Series will be offering chassis to the 2006 point champion in addition to the 2006 rookie of the year.

‘We have been a staunch supporter for years of local racing,” explained Berheisel on his reasons for this program. “I love racing with a series, I race with the MACS series myself, I’ve raced with Renegade full time and off and on I’ve raced with World of Outlaws and the Lucas Oil series but I believe we’re making a big mistake in this game if we don’t pay attention to local tracks who are the backbone of this sport.”

The response to the BRC Lazer Chassis Challenge from promoters has been positive. “We’re actually thrilled to be partnered with Jim Bernheisel and Bernheisel Race Cars and Lazer chassis as he has got a great promotion that he has put together that will really pique the interest of our Late Model drivers,” stated Tina Heil, General Manager of Wayne County Speedway. “We’re thrilled to have him on board at Wayne County Speedway.”

So why did Jim Bernheisel choose weekly race tracks to partner with in this marketing venture? “Our motivation for coming up with a plan like this is to come up with partner racetracks that do a good job in marketing and promoting and publicity,” said Bernheisel. “Our company is looking for goodwill out of this for racers who may not be real familiar with us, for the racers to say, ‘Wow, they care about what they’re doing’.”

“We’re depending on the race track to promote this program and make that known but we’re real excited about it and anytime you can partner up with someone who does a good job in handling their own business can do nothing but good for you as well.”

The program also extends to the United Late Model Series that is based in the northeast. “He sent a proposal and as soon as I read the proposal, I about fell out of my chair!” exclaimed Chris Zuver, owner of the United Late Model Series. “He was offering the 2006 ULMS point champion and the 2006 ULMS Rookie of the Year and new car, based on a few provisions. The offer was basically a $12,000 sponsorship for ULMS and I called Jim back up and told him I would accept his proposal and would like to Bernheisel Race Cars as our title sponsor. He obviously, accepted and the ULMS BRC Lazer Challenge Series took another step forward to where we are at now.”

“I think this will be huge motivation,” added Heil. “And one thing that excites me about this is great drivers start at the local level and not many of the great drivers every get a chance with good equipment that could send them on to bigger divisions. With the help Jim is offering us at Wayne County Speedway is a chance to help someone who may not have real good equipment, that may need a boost in that direction just to provide a boost to their career.”

In the past 15 years Bernheisel Race Cars has positioned itself as one of the premier race car shops in the entire country. Offering a variety of services and products and a friendly, helpful staff gives Bernheisel Race Cars an edge over all others in the crowded racing industry.

Bernheisel Race Cars opened the doors on a part time basis in 1981 and began operating full time during 1987. Company founder and president, Jim Bernheisel, saw the need for a quality dirt late model building and repair facility in the northeast United States. Located for over 15 years on Rt. 72 in Jonestown, PA, Bernheisel Race Cars is easily accessible via Exit 90 of Interstate 81. Also nearby are I-78, I-80 and the PA Turnpike.

An 8,000 square foot facility houses a full service fabrication shop as well as one of the largest, well stocked parts departments to be found anywhere. State of the art fabrication equipment enables B.R.C. to build consistent high quality race cars in any stage of completion. Computer controlled parts inventory and shipping systems allow efficient and accurate processing of all parts orders.

Bernheisel Race Cars is located at 1 Bordnersville Road, Jonestown, PA 17038 or telephone: 717.865.6691. Visit the website at: www.lazer3.com

-Prepared by Lehman Motorsports Services

Back