#17 and #71

turbo_8

have you ever seen number 17 and 71 race there saturns. is it me or does it seem like they cheat? well if u have seen them race i think you would agree with me. they lap about every1.

I never thought I would see the day when someone would be happy to trash thousands of dollars worth of parts and body panels and whatnot for a $50 bill on a Saturday night, but that is what we are seeing now. I dont think it's cheating, but it does lead one to think that maybe some people are taking this a little too far. No rule against that though, is there.;)

yeah well i hear that the 2 cars were busted at brownstown when having a racing chip but it was covered up with a stock chip!thats what i heard and im pretty sure thats correct.

I was there, and I didnt hear they were dq'ed. In fact, the early results showed #17 took second. I am waiting to see the full results tonight.

yeah i dont know i just heard that from someone. you know how rumors are! it might be a good idea to inspect the motor and stuff though.

The guy teching the hornets seemed to be pretty knowledgable, and they looked over the cars pretty good, so I think it was fair.

the 17 & 71 were not dq'ed it was the #7 & #1t. you should get your facts straight before you start rumors

hey sean just to let you know i said i thought and wasnt for sure and i was wondering if any one else knew if that was true. o and the 71 ans 17 bypassed there computer to where they can run redline 9,000 rpm's! thats y the kill every1 off the start and keep a steady speed around the track.

#17 and #71 are really nice guys if anyone would bother to talk to them. I am sure they would tell you what they are running or how if you asked. If you would note, they have an auto body shop for a sponsor. Did you ever stop to think that maybe that is where they are getting there parts (body panels, etc.)? About cheating, they have been looked over many times by officials and there is nothing illegal about their cars. Bypassing the computer? If you would listen to #71 down the straight away you can hear the computer shutting it down because it is running to many rpms. I don't where you are getting your information, but maybe you should just ask them. They have pictures of what it took to make the cars the way there are today and I am sure they would be happy to show you.:D

I know exactly where these cars are built and maintained, and its about 1 mile from the shop where I work on mine. Yes, they have a sponsor, and it is that sponsor who is tossing away thousands of dollars in panels and parts for $50 on a Saturday night. Like I said before, it appears some people are taking this a little too far, but theres no rule against it. I would say though, that it is people like this who will kill off the class in the end. Think about it, there are modified and late models out there worth less.

I will say a little more about what I mean here. Its like a couple years ago, when the hornet thing started at TCS, and I was looking at it thinking that looks like fun that I can afford. And one night, I said that to a guy who I happend to be talking to at another race track, and his reply was "It'll be just like the old cruiser class they ran at I-55, at first it was a few hundred bucks to get on the track and race for a trophy, but within a couple years there were guys spending over $3, 000 on their cars and just wiping out the competition til there was only a few of em left, all big money, for a stinking trophy and not much else. They finally dropped it cause the car count dropped so much."

This is already whats happened at TCS, with the added cost of safety gear and the NASCAR license the count has dropped considerably, that and the fact that the guys who win have significant amounts of money invested in their cars and folks just cant compete with it. If it was less obvious, then maybe it wouldnt hurt the class, but when you show up with a shiny late model Saturn, anyone sitting in the stands even thinking about it takes one look and says holy smokes, forget it, I might as well not even bother. And before you know it, car counts drop as people lose interest or cant afford to compete with the money boys, and before you know it, the class is gone.

I have watched them race at Highland, or shall I just say "chase each other around the track" because no on else is even close. There is no rule against this, but I do think it will be the downfall of hornet racing around these parts. Mores the pity, but by the time its happened I hope to have moved up anyway. Its just a shame that others wont get to enjoy this as I have.

Oh really? Did you now? How unusual, because I wasnt complaining about it at all. You obviously failed to see that I was laughing about how ridiculous it is to run frigging brand new cars for $50, if you cant see that then theres no helping you. How some people are just so hell bent on winning that they will blow a shytload of dough for a trophy. Please, this is a novice 4 cylinder class for goodness sake, get a life. I could care less where I finish, I am only in this for the fun of it, its all you guys blowing the big cash that get real touchy about where you finish, how much of a bad ***** you are, all that crap. Good luck to you, but I am more interested in having fun than dealing with all the bs you guys bring to this. And that is exactly what I am going to do, have fun, I could care less what you think. I noticed you had a probe up for sale for $1200. Are you on frigging drugs? You gotta be kidding me, $1200 for a hornet? I nearly pissed myself laughing at that!!!!! You can get a halfway raceable SS for that, holy cow!!

if you think you can get a half way racable ss for $1200 then i think your the one on drugs! no wonder your in the back.lol

Dont change the subject. I finished 15th out of 42 cars,with a motor thats misfiring. bought it for 200 bucks. Now whos on drugs? Sell that $1200 probe yet? lol

t.nie , my probe is a daily driver (possible hornet)nice car are you interested?lol. i understand your just having fun & yes i do want to win. different strokes 4 different folkes. peace man

t.nie

hey man I raced the fredricktown race tonight I won the heat I was fling. LOL the #17 and #71 was there. I ran off with it in the heat but the feature was a differnt story I got 4th the 71 car won. it was black and I was burning the tires off in the turns oh well. Ill sell my car I cant run it at Pevely it DOHC Ill take 400.00 for it minus seat and belts I wont to finish my 15000.00 probe LOL It was free Good luck the rest of the year This is a low budget class but some go over board

Hey man, too cool, great run to 4th!!! Them guys are tough to run against, no doubt, Nordhaus ran away with it at Highland last night too. I mean he was BAD***** fast, its gonna take a little work to build a giant killer to take him on. Congats dude, good job!

giant killers

giant killers i can run with them my puchy a** sohc 1.9 aint afraid of um ! lol hay rob did ya see the hulk on my trunk when i blu by lol:D and thinks to millsey for having us ! its a great time !

Back