2 Questions for Highland

What are the chances that the MOWA Sprint show at Highland will be cancelled due to heat on Wednesday and second, does anyone know what the Fair race pays to win for LM on Saturday?

Thanks

One more question: Why on earth are you running the crates with the supers again? There is enough time to run the crates on their own since you're not running the sportmods saturday.

The fair will not cancel events due to the heat. We are going to tough it out all week long.

The fair race is $12 General Admission, kids 10 and under are free. Pit Passes are $25, it is like a normal night of racing. We are still looking for sponsors but as of today, it is $1400 to Win Late Models and $700 to Win Modifieds.

They should ALWAYS run the crates with the supers and they should also combine the modified class again. Neither one out shines the other.

The crates get screwed if they run them with the supers and there is no way that the b mods can out run the modifies.

saturday there was a pcra show and there would have been around 8 crates to race at highland would not make sense to pay the purse for 8 cars bauer did not get screwed did he?????

Yes Bauer did get screwed in a way; he didn't get ump points for the crate series, he got them for the super. I understand last saturday there weren't many crates due to the PCRA race, but that doesn't explain why they're running them together this weekend. If they don't want to run crates then they shouldn't have started the class. Every race they make the crates run with the supers screws them out of the ump points, and some are close in points and pushing for the championship. It's just not fair to the crates for them to do this halfway through the season.

Not to mention different rules between the classes, such as tires and weight. If they're having the crates run with the supers they need to monitor it and come up with a different set of rules.

The crates get screwed if they run them with the supers and there is no way that the b mods can out run the modifies.

I would have to agree with you that the crates got a bad deal last week at Highland. If the crates wanted to race this week they had to run with the supers, which is fine because that is what we normally do anyway. The issue I have is that the crates are already at a disadvantage based on horsepower, but then they decide to go out and work the entire track and dump a ton of water on it during the intermission putting them at a disadvantage again. Just leave the track alone and make the drivers race. Without the crate cars this week would they have even had an entire field of cars? Great way to reward the guys that come to support the track. And yes, sorry that this is not what the original post was about.

HH-

I'm thinking bout coming over but the curfew thing is an issue because it's a long way to drive and not get to race the feature for me I know it's not the tracks falt for curfew just one off those deals have to give it some thought.

what class you run,,wed. is a shoe in as they only have 3 classis of cars,,i dont see sat being a issue as they are short one class

i think if they found a way to get the show stared on time at 6 and not 6:45 they could get the show in on time just my thought

i would think they would get all the races in saturday night, but if they would not have shortened the b-mods to 6 laps instead of 15 they wouldnt have got the hornets in on saturday, the hornets didnt start until 10:45ish. I am going to the fair race in Jackson County, Indiana saturday night at Brownstown Speedway after the way i was treated saturday night at highland......

the points issue is the bad part about the tracks cancelling some of the super drivers are doing good in points too and are losing nights because of the cancelling,if any of the crates were worried about points they should have traveled to a crate race.The crates need more cars to show up at highland because 8 or 9 is not what the track needs to make the class work that is why the sportsmans were dropped.

mr.hawke,,better a back marker that races than a fool that gets on here and flaps his jaw just to be heard.........WOW,,the b-mods ran only six "6" laps..can any one else conferm that

Back