2003 Bud Shootout Field

CHEWIN_DIRTGIRL

Field finalized for 2003 Budweiser Shootout

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- When Kurt Busch captured the Bud Pole for the season-ending Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway, the field for the 2003 Budweiser Shootout at Daytona International Speedway.

"I can't wait for 2003 to begin," Busch said. "Now we're in the Budweiser Shootout and that's a race where you get a lot of homework out of the way quickly. It's a very prestigious group of drivers, I'm glad to be part of it."

The Budweiser Shootout is a non-points All-Star race that kicks off the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season. The 70-lap race will feature the 2002 Bud Pole winners along with past champions of the Budweiser Shootout.

The field for the Budweiser Shootout is now finalized at 19 drivers. Included in the who's who of NASCAR stars are Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Bill Elliott, Dale Jarrett, Rusty Wallace, Ryan Newman, Ward Burton, Matt Kenseth, Ricky Craven, Ricky Rudd, Kevin Harvick, Mark Martin, Geoffrey Bodine, Ken Schrader, Todd Bodine and Terry Labonte.

Tickets for 2003 Speedweeks, including the 25th annual Budweiser Shootout, are available at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling the Speedway ticket office at (386) 253-7223.

DIDN'T STERLING MARLIN GET A POLE THIS YEAR? I THOUGH HE DID WHEN QUALIFYING WAS RAINED OUT, AND HE WAS THE POINT LEADER. IF SO DO THOSE COUNT?

I believe the rule is as stated: In the case of a cancelled qualifying session due to weather the points leader will start in the first postion but it WILL NOT count as a bud pole.

Back