2003 MARS Schedule

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
O'Reilly Auto Parts Mid-America Racing Series
2003 Schedule
Thursday, January 16

By Larry Olson

BATESVILLE AR. Mooney Starr, president of the O'Reilly Auto Parts Mid-America Racing Series has released the schedule for the upcoming 2003 season. There will be 34 events, highlighted by a pair of season ending $10,000 to win races. Six new tracks dot the schedule, that gets underway on Friday April 11.

According to Starr, this will be the most racer friendly schedule he's been able to put together in the four year history of the series. "When I started this thing, I said that I wanted to be able to keep all the races within a five hour hub of Batesville. In the past I really haven't been able to do that, but for the first time I think thats a goal thats been accomplished."

"We've had to travel further than we wanted just to be able to fill out our schedule, but this year I think the racers will be really pleased with the amount of travel that we're going to have to do."

There will be six tracks that are new to the O'Reilly M.A.R.S. schedule. Three of those tracks will be brand new. The Outlaw Motor Speedway is a new facility in Muskogee, Oklahoma. M.A.R.S. will pay three visits to that track, with the series finale being there October 3-4 for the $10,000 to win Octoberfest. Also the series will travel to the brand new Delta Bowl Speedway in Tunica, Mississippi and the Poplar Bluff Speedway.

Tracks new to the series will be the I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri. I-44, built in the early 80's by the late Bill Willard, started as a dirt facility, but became an asphalt track in 1989. The asphalt surface will be covered with clay for 2003, and the series will also pay three visits to that track, with the highlight being the Bill Willard Memorial on September 12-13, paying $10,000 to win as well. The Thunder Valley Speedway and the Wheatland Raceway will also be new to the M.A.R.S. schedule in 2003.

Drivers commited to the championship in 2003 will be racing for $30,000, which is the winners share of the point fund. Kuntz & Co. will once again back the rookie of the year competition that will pay the top rookie $3,000.

2003 O'Reilly Mid-America Racing Series Schedule

Fri April 11 Batesville Speedway Locust Grove AR
Sat April 12 West Plains Motor Speedway West Plains MO
Sun April 13 Monett Speedway Monett MO

Fri April 25 Malden Speedway Malden MO
Sat April 26 Joplin 66 Speedway Joplin MO

Fri May 2 Boliver Speedway Boliver MO
Sat May 3 I-44 Speedway Lebanon MO

Fri May 9 Memphis Motorsports Park Millington TN
Sat May 10 I-30 Speedway Little Rock AR

Fri May 16 Outlaw Motor Speedway Muskogee OK
Sat May 17 Wheatland Raceway Wheatland MO