2004 O'Reilly MARS Schedule Release

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
O'REILLY AUTO PARTS MID-AMERICA RACING SERIES
Press Release: 2004 Schedule Release
Wednesday, December 31, 2003

BATESVILLE AR. Mooney Starr, President of the O'Reilly Auto Parts Mid-America Racing Series unveiled the 2004 events schedule. The ambitious thirty-five race docket, still has openings for two additional weekends, which if filled, would push the series to close to 40 dates in 2004.

The series has increased the standard purse for 2004. The events will still pay $3,000 to win, and $500 to start, but finishing positions 3rd through 10th have been strenghtened for the upcoming season. In addition, Starr has added over $20,000 to his already impressive point fund, putting it over $120,000 for 2004.

Three new tracks appear on the schedule for 2004. The Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, Illinois will have one event. This will be the first time the O'Reilly M.A.R.S. series will invade the Land of Lincoln, taking on the monster 5/8 mile oval just accross the Mississippi river in suburban St. Louis.

Also joining the M.A.R.S. series in 2004 will be the brand new Lake Ozark Speedway in Eldon, Missouri. The 1/3 mile oval will host two events in 2004, and was constructed to replace the Capital Speedway which was in Holts Summit, Missouri and is now closed.

Finally, the O'Reilly MARS series will head west to the Enid Speedway in Enid Oklahoma. The 3/8 mile oval will pair with the Tulsa Speedway for a weekend in July.

Also, back on the schedule after a two year absence, is the Salina Highbanks Speedway, in Salina, Oklahoma. Salina Highbanks will rejoin the tour, with two events in 2004.

The Outlaw Motor Speedway will lead the way in 2004, hosting five big events. They will close the season the first weekend in October with two nights of racing, each night paying $3,000 to win, and $500 to start. In addition to the tracks already mentioned, the Memphis Motorsports Park, West Plains Motor Speedway, Monett Speedway, Bolivar Speedway, and the I-44 Speedway will have three events apiece.

The I-30 Speedway, Batesville Speedway, and the Tulsa Speedway will each host two races, and the Joplin 66 Speedway, Thunder Valley Speedway, and the Tri-State Speedway will each have a single event.

The 2004 tour, with prize money in excess of $850,000, will kick off on Friday, April 9 at the Memphis Motorsports Park.

For more information about the O'Reilly Auto Parts Mid-America Racing Series, go http://www.midamericaracingseries.com. On online rulebook is available there. You can also call the Batesville Speedway at 1-870-251-1200.

2004 O'Reilly Auto Parts Mid-America Racing Series Schedule of Events

Friday, April 9 Memphis Motorsports Park Millington TN
Saturday, April 10 I-30 Speedway Little Rock AR

Friday, April 16 Batesville Speedway Locust Grove AR
Saturday, April 17 West Plains Motor Speedway West Plains MO
Sunday, April 18 Monett Speedway Monett MO

Friday, April 23 Outlaw Motor Speedway Muskogee OK
Saturday, April 24 Salina Highbanks Speedway Salina OK

Friday, April 30 Bolivar Speedway Bolivar MO
Saturday, May 1 I-44 Speedway Lebanon MO

Friday, May 14 Tulsa Speedway Tulsa OK
Saturday, May 15 Joplin 66 Speedway Joplin MO

Friday, June 4 TBA
Saturday, June 5 TBA

Friday, June 18 Tri-City Speedway Granite City IL
Saturday, June 19 West Plains Motor Speedway West Plains MO

Friday, June 25 Batesville Speedway Locust Grove AR
Saturday, June 26 Thunder Valley Speedway Fayetteville AR

Friday, July 2 Outlaw Motor Speedway Muskogee OK
Saturday, July 3 Salina Highbanks Speedway Salina OK
Sunday, July 4 Lake Ozark Speedway Eldon MO

Friday, July 16 Bolivar Speedway Bolivar MO
Saturday, July 17 I-44 Speedway Lebanon MO

Friday, July 23 Tulsa Speedway Tulsa OK
Saturday, July 24 Enid Speedway Enid OK

Friday, July 30 Memphis Motorsports Park Millington TN
Saturday, July 31 I-30 Speedway Little Rock AR

Friday, August 6 Outlaw Motor Speedway * Muskogee OK
Saturday, August 7 Tri-State Speedway * Pocola OK
Sunday, August 8 Monett Speedway * Monett MO

Friday, August 13 TBA
Saturday, August 14 TBA

Friday, August 27 Bolivar Speedway $ Bolivar MO
Saturday, August 28 Lake Ozark Speedway Eldon MO

Friday, Sept. 3 Memphis Motorsports Park # Millington TN
Saturday, Sept. 4 West Plains Motor Speedway % West Plains MO
Sunday, Sept. 5 Monett Speedway & Monett MO

Friday, Sept. 24 I-44 Speedway Lebanon MO
Saturday, Sept. 25 2nd Annual Bill Willard Memorial $10,000 to win, $1,000 to start

Friday, October 1 Outlaw Motor Speedway Muskogee OK
Saturday, October 2 Outlaw Motor Speedway Muskogee OK

Thursday through Saturday, August 19-21 is the 12th Annual Comp Cams Topless 100 at the Batesville Speedway. This is not an O'Reilly MARS points event, but there will be a MARS provisional starter.

* 26th Annual Summertime Classic, all three tracks
$ 2nd Annual Missouri Dirt Track Championship
# 2nd Annual Hooters Memphis Mayhem
% 15th Annual Fall Nationals
& 33rd Annual 4-State Dirt Track Championship

All events pay $3,000 to win, $500 to start unless otherwise noted

Back