2004 SFCR schedule

Millsey

March 20 - Car Show at Farmington Wal-Mart (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
March 27 - Play Day (gates open 10 a.m., starts noon)
April 3 - All-Star Circuit of Champions & Modifieds
April 10 - Open Night (all classes)
April 17 - Closed
April 24 - All classes
May 1 - All classes & Dwarf cars
May 8 - All classes
May 15 - All classes and RAMS Mini Stocks
May 22 - All classes
May 29 & 30 - Special two-day show (all classes)
June 5 - All classes
June 12 - All-Star Circuit of Champions
June 19 - Missouri/Illinois Clash (and all classes)
June 26 - All classes
July 3 - Mid-season Championships (double points all classes)
July 10 - All classes
July 17 - All classes and Dwarf cars
July 24 - All classes
July 31 - CLOSED (St. Francois County Fair)
August 7 - CLOSED (World of Outlaws at Pevely)
August 14 - All classes
August 21 - All classes
August 28 - All classes and RAMS Mini Stocks
September 4 & 5 - Special two-day show all classes
September 11 - All classes
September 18 - All classes
September 25 - All classes (end of points)
October 2 - Queen's Royale (and all classes)

NOTE: Further dates may be announced.

millsey

you seem to know your stuff about SFCR, um..just out of curiousity does Corey Franklin have the slightest clue on running a track? and does he know what he is in for? and also, will there be any major improvements to the raceway with its new promoter? I think not only me but alot of people are curious about the questions i asked. so can you give us some info?

Good Track!!!

We'll I personally know Cory, and think he will do a Great Job at running the track. Cory has Driven cars, sold parts, and been around racing for many years. Like any New owner in anything it will take some time to get everything together. There may not be any Big improvements, when first starting up, give the guy a break he just forked out the money to take it over!! I think most racers know who Cory is, and if they have any questions, im sure he will answer them.

J.J, Just as Kenny said, Cory has been involved with all aspects of racing and he's also a good people person. You'll be able to talk with him about any problems you might have. He's got some different things brewing for this year, but as you might imagine just trying to get in and run things is a huge undertaking. I hope everyone tries to help out Cory and not try and come down on him about a bunch of little stuff. But I think you'll like having Cory run the track...

Everything has been settled with the St. Francois County Fair Board as of Monday night and in talking with both Larry Minkel and Cory the rest is now a formality.

he..

sounds like a winner then, i was just asking to see if he really knew anything about racing. but it sounds to me as if he does which is great. I was just hopin someone didn't buy the track that had no clue what they were doing. But glad to hear he knows his racing. good deal!

Maybe it was AT&P that I read about dropping 410s, unless they run a similar type program. I'm starting to confuse myself now:)

Does the combined 410/360 class work ok? Are there a couple of 410 guys that dominate, or is there a pretty good mix of cars to keep it competitive?

SFCR Sprint Engine Rules

Historically, SFCR had an unlimited engine rule.
Unless something has changed any size engine can be run there.
I believe that there are still a few 430 cubic inch engines still around.

Millsey, Thanks for the info. That explains my confusion.

Do you know if other tracks in your region (i.e., Jacksonville and AT&P) run a similar mixed 410/360 program?

I thought Jacksonville ran the exact same sort of set up that Farmington did. Most of our guys from here also run there at least from time to time.

sprinted

Fred.SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH,your telling on some,lol

SOME DRIVERS DO HAVE A 430 IN THEIR CARS AND THEY STILL DON'T DO WORTH A CRAP, I SEE GUYS WITH 360'S BLOWING THE 430'S AWAY. iT'S ALL ABOUT THE DRIVER. iT'S LIKE putting tommy worley jr. (might i add isn't much of a driver) up against eric schrock (W.O.W champion 360 series) Schrock would blow him away.

There is talk all over message boards about the best 410 drivers, and several sites that count total wins for tracks all across the country. Do you guys think these numbers and discussions should include drivers from tracks like these that have mixed programs, as opposed to tracks like Attica, Knoxville, and Wms Grove where the entire field is made up of 410s only?

To use a late model anology, it seems similar to giving a guy credit for UMP national points while running against a field of mostly limiteds. Or are there not that many 360s in the field to make it that drastic? Unless the top 10-15 are usually all 410s, then I think guys like Standridge, Montgomery, Moughan, etc., should be included in these lists and discussions as well. I'm curious to hear what do you guys think?

I think....

These guys should be listed. It doesn't really matter how many are in the field with 360's, on a dry slick track the 360 could be faster than a 410(or 430 for that matter). It just depends on how well the car is set-up and how good the driver can finesse the car. I have seen guys like Dean Jr. run up front with a 360.

And you can't tell who has a 360 when you're in the stands anyway, it isn't like a nascar race and one guy(410) is pulling away from the field. It is usually an instance where everyone gets spread out until they are covering all areas of the raceway. Then it becomes a race throught traffic which slows the leaders down even more. There are very few times that a bigger motor could really make a big difference. There are too many variables as opposed to some place like Knoxville, where there are longer straights and alot wider surface.

360's in the field or not, Missouri and Illinois have some of the best racers in the country and guys like Montgomery(s), Moughan, Standridge(s), Hull, etc. all deserve the recognition for being some of the best.

If you had a guy of Tim Montgomery's talent in a 410 car and he showed up at a place like Knoxville and purposely cherry-picked a 360 race it wouldn't be a very good example of his talent. But on our dryslick bullrings around here, these guys are winning because of good equipment and talent and not neccesarily in that order.

360's at SFCR

I do not think that there are many 360's running with the 410's on any given night at Farmington. Joey Montgomery ran his 360 car one race after he had seriously crashed his 410 car the previous week. I think that he finished around sixth running against a strong field, but only somebody like Joey or another really good driver could pull off something like that.

Schrock ran in a 360 race at SFCR last October on the night of the Queen's Royale 410 race. There were only eight 360's versus 42 410's. He finished third or fourth in the 360 feature, which was won by Tim Montgomery with Joey Montgomery second.

I completely agree. You guys are helping me settle a little "debate" that I've been having. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Back