2004 stlracing.com NASCAR pool!!!

m00se

a.k.a. MOJO
AS OF RIGHT NOW I AM PLANNING ON DOING THE NASCAR POOL AGAIN!!!IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET MY REPORT CARD!!!THE RULES WILL BE IMPROVED FROM LAST YEAR!!!

THE RULES NEW RULES GO LIKE THIS!!!!!

Everybody entered must have their picks in by **12:00 noon** on the *THURSDAY* before the race!!!**(NO EXCEPTIONS)**

Each week pick 5 drivers!!After the race on sunday you throw out the highest finishing driver you picked and the lowest finishing driver you picked to leave you with a total number of 3 drivers who's finishing positions you add together to get your score!!Whoever has the lowest total will be declared the winner!!!!New this year is if the drivers you pick finish 1,2,3,4, & 5 there will be a 10 points bonus and if you can pick the POLE winner there will be a 3 points bonus!!!Top 5 positions pay points!!I WILL DO THE MATH!!!!!

ALL PICKS ARE "FINAL" AS OF THE DEADLINE THURSDAY AT NOON!!!!!!

1st place--5 points
2nd place--4 points
3rd place--3 points
4th place--2 points
5th place--1 point
6th on down--0 points

*(example)*

player 1's drivers finish in positions 2,4,8,9, and 10
player 2's drivers finish in positions 1,2,4,5, and 43

player 1's total=21
player 2's total=11

Our first race will be the BUD SHOOT OUT followed by the DAYTONA 500!!!If there is no NEXTEL CUP race that week we will post picks for the BUSCH OR NCTS race!!!Results and points should be posted at the beginning of every week!!I will set up a new thread each week for you to post your choices on under the NASCAR forum!!!!**THERE ARE NO PIZES, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN!!!!**

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!!!!

drivers in the bud shootout......

Drivers that have secured spots by winning poles this season include McMurray, Jeff Green, Dave Blaney, Bobby Labonte, Ryan Newman, Elliott Sadler, Jeremy Mayfield, Jeff Gordon, Terry Labonte, Steve Park, Jimmie Johnson, Boris Said, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Mike Skinner.

Past winners already in the field are Dale Earnhardt Jr., Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace, Ken Schrader, Bill Elliott and Dale Jarrett.

Man.. the rules are too confusing for me! lol... I had to read them like 3 times... hehe.. Ill think about it, and get my picks to you M00se... Don't be gettin any bad grades on those report cards!!
Vanessa

Originally posted by m00se
AS OF RIGHT NOW I AM PLANNING ON DOING THE NASCAR POOL AGAIN!!!IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET MY REPORT CARD!!!THE RULES WILL BE IMPROVED FROM LAST YEAR!!!

THE RULES NEW RULES GO LIKE THIS!!!!!

Everybody entered must have their picks in by **12:00 noon** on the *THURSDAY* before the race!!!**(NO EXCEPTIONS)**

Each week pick 5 drivers!!After the race on sunday you throw out the highest finishing driver you picked and the lowest finishing driver you picked to leave you with a total number of 3 drivers who's finishing positions you add together to get your score!!Whoever has the lowest total will be declared the winner!!!!New this year is if the drivers you pick finish 1,2,3,4, & 5 there will be a 10 points bonus and if you can pick the POLE winner there will be a 3 points bonus!!!Top 5 positions pay points!!I WILL DO THE MATH!!!!!

ALL PICKS ARE "FINAL" AS OF THE DEADLINE THURSDAY AT NOON!!!!!!

1st place--5 points
2nd place--4 points
3rd place--3 points
4th place--2 points
5th place--1 point
6th on down--0 points

*(example)*

player 1's drivers finish in positions 2,4,8,9, and 10
player 2's drivers finish in positions 1,2,4,5, and 43

player 1's total=21
player 2's total=11

Our first race will be the BUD SHOOT OUT followed by the DAYTONA 500!!!If there is no NEXTEL CUP race that week we will post picks for the BUSCH OR NCTS race!!!Results and points should be posted at the beginning of every week!!I will set up a new thread each week for you to post your choices on under the NASCAR forum!!!!**THERE ARE NO PIZES, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN!!!!**

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Moose,

I'm confused as well. You say throw out the high and low and add the other 3 so to me in you example player 1 would have a total of 2 pts and player 2 would have 7 pts. Please explain how you got 21 and 11? Also LOWEST score wins??? So wouldn't be to my advantage to pick all the crappy drivers that aren't going to win and score 0 pts, boom I have the lowest score. I think further explanation is needed on how this is going to work.

ok player 1's drivers finished 2,4,8,9,10!!!
you throw out highest finishing drivers you picked who finished second and worst finishing driver who finish in tenth!!!you add together the other 3 drivers (4+8+9=21)

player 2's drivers finish 1,2,4,5,43!!!!you throw out the drivers that finished first and forthy third!!!!add together (2+4+5=11)

who ever has the lowest number when you add your 3 remaining drivers to gether is the winner so player 2 would be the winner!!!

there's a lot there to try and figure out so if you have anymore problem let me know!!!hope this helped!!!

I think I understand how your doing it now. And then 1st place in our pool would get the 5pts, 2nd 4pts, etc??

If so that makes sense now.

just goto the nascar forum and post your picks!!!!anymore questions just give me a holla!!!!good luck!!!!

deadline is up for the bud shootout so get your picks in for the daytona 500 but your picks for the pole winner will only be good up until 12:00 midnight saturday feb. 7 because of qualifying on sunday!!!good luck!!!

Hey M00se was I supposed to pick a pole winner for the Bud Shootout?? I thought they just gave it to someone.:cool:

Back