2005 Classes at Fayette County!

Fayette County

Fayette County Speedway will run the following classes on a weekly basis during the 2005 Season:

UMP Modifieds

Street Stocks (no berts or brinns, no alcohol, no roller cams, CAN RUN 4 BARRELS!)

Bombers (Same rules as 2004, must run E-mod tires)

UMP Pure Stocks*

Hornets*

PLEASE NOTE the Street Stock class rules modifications as well as the fact that the Bomber Class will be kept in the program using the same rules as 2004 however, the Bomber Class will be required to run E-mod tires in 2005!.

*Rules for the Pure Stocks and Hornets will be available soon ... Thank you for your patience!

i can understand alky and roller cams but with stock 3 and 4 speeds getting on the hard to get side why take a step backward and get rid of the berts and brinn's? added weight would have been a better move,,just my thoughts,,

No Bert?

Why are the automatics legal if the Brinn's or Bert's are not? Without the heavy torque converter., aren't they basically the same? They are definately an advantage on the start of a race, So we have to run a 12# clutch and the auto guys have a 2# coupler on the back of a crankshaft, makes sense doesn't it?

I have 9 three speed transmissions, leave out the berts and brinn's. Even if they are not much better than stock (which I doubt) the perception of them being better will keep cars away. Also, the 4bbl divides the haves and have nots more than the bert will. Bopper

Fayette County said:
You might want to check with Charlie Depew regarding rules for Fayette County prior to assuming Fayette's rules since there were modificaitons made after the rules meeting to meet the request of several of the drivers ... Charlie can be reached at (618) 347-2327.

Thanks!
WHY HAVE A MEETING? JIMMY I GUESS YOU WEREN'T ONE OF THE SEVERAL BUDDIES! I MEAN DRIVERS! THE SPORTSMAN SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ON BERT'S, BRINN'S AND 4BBL'S TO BEGIN WITH.

PITDRIFTER said:
WHY HAVE A MEETING? JIMMY I GUESS YOU WEREN'T ONE OF THE SEVERAL BUDDIES! I MEAN DRIVERS! THE SPORTSMAN SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ON BERT'S, BRINN'S AND 4BBL'S TO BEGIN WITH.

The meeting was held to get the input of all the drivers ... since some of them could not attend, Charlie was gracious enough to get everyone's input and is trying to keep as many of the drivers happy as possible.

As previously posted, if there are specific questions, please contact Charlie directly for clarifcation at (618) 347-2327.

Thanks!

Back