2005 World of Outlaws Late Model Series Driver Review: Tim McCreadie

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Bret Emrick
After notching the 2004 World of Outlaws Late Model Series “Rookie of the Year” honors, Tim McCreadie of Watertown,NY embarked on his sophomore season of racing dirt Late Models in a big way. The second night of racing at Florida’s Volusia Speedway Park would see “T-Mac” prove that his “Rookie of the Year” title in 2004 was no fluke as McCreadie copped his first career World of Outlaws Late Model Series main event victory. And it wasn’t to be his last.

With early season runs that at times were good and at times weren’t so good, McCreadie continued to learn the dirt Late Models against the toughest competition around. And learn he did.

June 5th was the date. Dakota State Fair Speedway in Huron,SD was the scene.McCreadie became the first driver in World of Outlaws Late Model Series history to start dead last and come through the field to win. Taking the lead with two laps to go McCreadie’s unbelievable run will go down in the record books as the first of it’s kind.

McCreadie also set another standard during the 2005 campaign. The second-generation throttle-stomper became the first driver in World of Outlaws Late Model Series to score three consecutive victories. July 8th at Hagerstown Speedway in Maryland started the streak with win number two happening on the same stage only one night later. With Sharon Speedway in Ohio looming three nights later the question was could “T-Mac” pull off the hat-trick? After a torrid battle on the venerable “Buckeye State” oval, McCreadie again put himself in the record books with his third consecutive win.

Five victories in the first 5 months of the 2005 season proved that there was no such thing as a sophomore slump in McCreadie’s world. The wins kept coming. Victories at Lincoln Speedway in Pennsylvania on August 13th; at Twin Cities Raceway Park in Indiana on September 2nd and at Clarksville Racing Complex in Tennessee on September 24th gave the young driver eight wins with two races left in the season.

Staying anywhere from third to fifth in the 2005 World of Outlaws Late Model Series Championship chase throughout the campaign proved that “T-Mac” had learned and belonged in the top level of dirt Late Model racing.

“We had a phenomenal year. You set the bar as high as you can and hope for the best”, stated McCreadie. “When you look at it with a straight face it far exceeded exactly what we thought it was gonna be. All my thanks goes to our car owners Ann and Carl Myers. If it wasn’t for them I’d be doing something entirely different. They put the equipment and the capital and money into this race team to make it right. My teammate at the shop, Vic Coffey, runs the whole shop. When we’re on the road he’s back at the shop making all the major decisions to improve our race team on the road along with his own race team. My crew of Tommy Grecco and Jeff Neskus, both of them guys are phenomenal. Rocket Chassis, Mark Richards, Rick Eckert, Chub Frank, Steve Francis, Dale McDowell and all of the guys on this deal have all helped put a program together to help us. That has made it easy for me. I’m just enjoying it.”

Leading all drivers with feature wins during the season (8), McCreadie finished among the Series top five drivers in fast qualifier honors (4) and tied for the lead in heat race wins (17). “T-Mac” also tallied nearly 20 Top 5 finishes and nearly 29 Top 10 finishes driving the Sweetners Plus/A&C Speedworld/Texaco-Havoline sponsored No. 39 Ann and Carl Myers owned Rocket Chassis/C.C. Performance Engines Pontiac Grand Prix to a third place points finish in the 2005 World of Outlaws Late Model Series Championship.

2005 World of Outlaws Late Model Series Final Championship Points

Showing Pos., Car #, Driver, Residence, Entered, Starts, Wins, Top 5’s, Top 10’s, Fast Times, Heat Wins, “B” Wins, Dash Wins, Purse $ Won, Point Fund $ Won

3. #39 Tim McCreadie – Watertown,NY: 39 – 39 – 8 – 20 – 29 – 4 – 17 – 1 – 2 - $166,275 - $50,000

The World Of Outlaws Late Model Series is brought to the fans across the country by several sponsors and partners, including series sponsors Hoosier Racing Tire and SPEED Channel. Promotional Partners include AMB i.t., RACEceiver, HUMMERSGONEWILD.COM, Zippo Lighters, and The University of Northwestern Ohio. Contingency sponsors include DART Machinery, MSD Ignitions, Wrisco Industries, and Quarter Master.

Back