2006 BRSD Sponsors

BRSDBoy

Your Typer and Talker
Hello everyone! I've spoken with spongebob, and his computer is currently on the fritz, so he asked me to post the following for you all:

The 2006 Sponsorship packets have been sent out to 100 local businesses. If any of you frequent some of the following businesses or have personal connections with their management, please inform them that you are BRSD racers and racefans, and that they should consider sponsoring the track this season. Also, if you know of any people or businesses that would be interested in a sponsorship or donation (monetary, labor, or products), please contact Jason Harris by the information located below.

Holekamp Do-it Center
Route 67 Towing
Crossroads Steakhouse
The Mortgage Center
B&B Auto Sales
Monterey Mushroom
House Septic Tank
Larry's Automotive
B&D Auto Parts
Parkland Enterprises
ABC & 123 Daycare and Preschool
Dalton Home Improvements
Abbott Imports Service
Parkland Motors
Shamrock Pub and Grill
Reiter Chiropractic
US Tool & Grind
MOCAP
Purcell Tire
The Molding Co.
Little Tykes
Siegel Robert
The Glass Group
Handi Craft
Benees Toys
Jireh Cycles
Archway Imports
Rosener's Inn & Restaurant
Ozark Federal Savings and Loan
Michael's Bar and Grill
Eric Scott Leathers
Built Best Windows
Buff Truck Outfitters
Donelson Cycles
Club 67
Kevin Ball's Auto Body
Ste. Gen Ford
Turner Chevrolet
Blackwell Motors
Buckley Towing
1st State Community Bank
Ms. B's
Madison Inn Lodge
Statler Realty
Bonne Terre Mines
Country Way Nursery
Gateway Equipment Co.
Pippin Towing
Patsy's Furniture
Middleton's RV
Red Cedar Lodge
Coachman Homes
Bruce Griffon's Trailer Town
Surdyke Yamaha
CB Joe's BBQ
Eagle Lake Golf Club
Kernan Auto Body
Farmington Water Park
Farmington Family Fun Center
Outlaw's Bar and Grill
Bailey's Pub and Grill
El Tapatio
El Torero
The Warehouse BBQ Co.
Super 8/Huddle House
S&S Kawasaki
Country Meadows
St. Joe Manor
Smokey Valley Meats
Lix Frozen Custard
Marler's Towing/B&L Hobbies
Twin City Toyota
Redfield Collision Center
Crown Motors
Sam Scism Ford
Auffenberg Chevrolet
Parker Banks
Potosi Ford
Crystal Oaks
Georgian Gardens
Potosi Manor
Wings Etc.
Cap America
Burgers Smokehouse
Imo's Pizza
Silver Star Steakhouse and Saloon
Sparks Motors
Convenience Barn
Ink Addiction
Hefner Furniture
Better Bodies
Big Bang Fireworks
Phantom Fireworks
Duncan's 4x4
Dark Side Window Tinting
Mega Sports
Plaza Tire
EZ Stop
The Enchanted Dragon
Audio Dynamics

...phew. That's a lot of business. We really do need as many sponsors as possible. It's obvious that the more monetary support we have, the better our track becomes. So, if you patron any particular business on this list, be sure to ask them if they've considered advertising at Big River Sand Drags.

If you need to contact me for any reason regarding advertising, please call my cell phone at: 573.366.5242

Cordially,

Jason Harris (Spongebob)

nlh

This is what KILLS local racing. With race tracks fighting to get sponsors from us racers it makes it tougher on the local racer to compete. No I am not new at racing, I am starting my 20th year. In the last 5 years I have lost some of my biggest sponsors to race tracks that need the advertisement (MONEY) that benefits the track facility and not the drivers/car owners. Do I feel better now, not really, in the future you will see some of the nicest racing facilities around with one thing missing,NO RACERS. Good luck on your sponsor hunt and think about us local racers as you are taking all our sponsors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Kenny

You're absolutely right Kenny! It's better if we have racers and no tracks.

What it boils down to is a sponsor has the right to advertise or sponsor whatever or whoever they wish. In a lot of cases it's a situation to where a particular sponsor could sponsor a track instead of an individual racer because of problems sponsoring an individual can bring up. Do you realize how many people I get every year that ask me to sponsor them? If I sponsor one and not another, I get, why them and not me. It's just too easy to step on toes when all you're trying to do is help out. But when it stirs up more problems than it's worth you take the safe way out and don't sponsor anyone. But just being honest if it wasn't for the sponsors at most of the area tracks you wouldn't have to worry about putting a car together in this area. You wouldn't have a track to go to.

I did not post this with being against BRSD because all tracks do it. Just don't post it for area racers see that they are trying to steal their sponsors. Do I have sponsors on this list, Yes .I know there are sponsors that cannot sponsor everyone and this is their way of thinking they are helping everyone.I have talked to some of my sponsors and talked them into sponsoring the tracks also. I have lost too many good sponsors to tracks because the track has stated that they will help ALL the racers instead of just one.

I always thought that the tracks got their money from the fans that pay admission and the drivers/crews that pay for pit admission . I have yet to go to a pit gate and hear the lady or man taking my money ask me which racer or fan this money should go to............... Kenny

Big River Sand Drags has always prided itself in being one of the most affordable racetracks in the country. To race, to watch, and to visit the pit area.

We charge $8 (I believe) for adults, $4 for children, (5 & under are free), and pit admission is completely free. Perhaps if we started charging $20 for every racer, crew member, and racefan that entered the pits, we wouldn't have to worry about advertising so much -- but then again, we would lose our racers. Also note, we do not have anywhere near the spectator attendence that tracks like St. Francois County Raceway have.

I understand that racers may struggle to find sponsorships, but it is equally important for a track that is in our situation to have sponsors to make improvements. These advertisement packets have been sent out, and we will continue to attempt bringing in new sponsors, because in all honesty, at Big River Sand Drags, very few racers rely on sponsors. A vast majority of our racers would be completely unaffected by our sponsorship pursuit.

While I understand the frustration of circle track racers, it really is a win-win situation for Big River Sand Drags, and that is what we care about most.

Cordially,

Nickolas Harris

Sorry

But it sounds to me like Big River Sand Drags it trying to run on Sponsors..... And if you think it does affect car owners, well then I think you need to take a poll... And if your pit admission is free, I think thats your problem... Do drivers not have to pay to get in? If you make a bet you have to put money up, so if you race I think you should have to pay to, it all goes to the purse... JMO

Junebugs #1 Fan said:
But it sounds to me like Big River Sand Drags it trying to run on Sponsors..... And if you think it does affect car owners, well then I think you need to take a poll... And if your pit admission is free, I think thats your problem... Do drivers not have to pay to get in? If you make a bet you have to put money up, so if you race I think you should have to pay to, it all goes to the purse... JMO
Lisa, it's a different world at Big River. There everyone simply pays for admission. There is no difference between pits and grandstands. Only if you race do you have to pay a $25 entry fee. But once again, only the top two in each class get paid. Last season Big River had very, very few sponsors. Plus, sponsorship at Big River is nothing compared to like SFCR or I-55. I don't have the definate info, but I think sponsorship at Big River is like $250 a year compared to $2,500 at SFCR. The list that is shown here is people they are sending info to seeking sponsorship. Everyone is having to do all they can do in order to get by, and that's racers and tracks. And the bottom line is there is only so much money to go around.

Back