2012 b-mod rules

Jfrob

Does anyone know if any of the rules are changing for 2012?

They were using the same rules as Doe Run has with exception to the tire rule. I know that Doe Run is changing there tire rule to the same as Farmington used in 2011

rule changes will be march if any rules are good the way they are just need to tech little better or just tech all u have to do make sure your carb is legal i would like to see them put all the things you cant do in a hat have winner pull 2 or 3 things out check that way nobody can say this guy nose what there going to check

I like most of the rules that we ran in 2011 except the no cubic inch rule and allowing 4 link suspension. If you have bigger than a 360 ci engine and 4 link you can't run anywhere else in a true b mod class.

You can run at the bluff doe run Fulton and the lake. And you can run a brinn and aerosol carb at Fulton and lake.

I don't see any rule changes for 2012. I personnally like the motor rule, if you start putting too many rules on the motors all that does is give the race track the ability to tear your motor down and you pay to put it back together. Besides I have a $8500 360 motor from the sportsman days and now I run a $3100 383. As far as the true B-mod class, these rules are from Montgomery County that started the B-mods before all these other tracks started them with there own rules . I would like to see our class go to 3 links or leaf spring only in 2013. What thoughts do any of you have about that ?

i think there needs to more of a difference from a mod to bmod. 3link good ideal some people are going to spend 15000 on a roller. bmods are made to be cheaper to but the way it going guys are spending more on a bmod than some amods. i dont no what to do. but they need to be changed maybe different weight for 4bar cars. big motors most of the time are lazy on 2 barrels. smaller motors cost more when you have rules

cost is only determined by what u want to spend ,the car that won the most features both seasons and farmington and won last year at fulton the only time he ran there i built and sold tomike savage for 4000 i believe for a complete 4bar roller and i built a motor for a half that this year that ran all season and won. also he had my used tires all season , so i believe the track has a good rule base . mike still believes his 355 motor ran better than this one but it went boom last year. the way the rules are now if u dont like bmod u can change carbs and run amod and still be competetive .BRIAN WORLEY!

The rules are good the way they are... allot less teching and very competitve... the track should leave well enough alone imo... Nathan Gibson

I think that limiting the rear suspension to 3 link only is a good idea. It will make things a bit cheaper. As far as changing a carb on a bmod and running competitively with the a mods, I don't think that would work very well, If your b mod motor is legal.

u might not be competetive at i55 but at farmington u can be in the amod with a bmod, alot of guys at bigger shows remove secondary carb linkage if the track is slick and its not hard to make a steel headed solid cam motor make 600hp on 4bl and switch to a 2bl and be legal. u can build a 600hp motor for $2000 but it just may not live as long as a 8000 motor, as far as a motor thats legal goes, i have the #13 cars motor apart rite now and anyone is more than welcomed to come over and take a look and his lap times with a 2bl are the same if not faster on most nites than any a mod ,it still has to handle so call me if want to take a look brian at 573-543-5030 or if you need help i will gladly answer any questions!

I have timed some of the b mods that ran up front and I got around 14.5-15 seconds per lap. I have never timed the a mods but they sure look faster than the b mods. Maybe I'm wrong. I ran a 355 with a 3 link this year when we timed our car we were at 14.80. I raced against Mike, I know his car was really fast this past year. What cubic inch motor was he running?

400 stock stroke unported world product heads with victor jr intake kb pistons and a cam rite off the shelf from comp ,clean dependable motor and very affordable

How will running a 3 link make it cheaper? 90% of the used chassis out there are 4 bar cars. So you would have to buy one and then spend money to convert it over. I ran a 3 link in this class for 3 years, i used up a lot more tires running my 3 link than I do on the four bar car. The 4 bar is hooked to the track harder and not spinning the tires as much. As far as the rules leave well enough alone. All rule changes do is make racers spend more money. I've ran this class since 2007 and haven't had to spend a dime to make changes until 2011(different tires). All while having the opportunity to race at 8 different tracks with the same car with no changes. You can make all the rule changes you want and the same cars are gonna be up front. The front runners have done their homework its not a monster motor or a go fast part that is making them fast. They have worked on their cars understand the needs and how to make the adjustments to help them. Races are won in the shop.

I agree, the rules need to be inforced but do you think that's gonna happen? I doubt it just take a close look around the pits you will find a few a mods with shrader valve shocks That's an easy thing to see but they ran all year all the other classes are the same

once again the car with the most wins had your basic bilstien dp1 shock package, bolt on four shocks and race, the #13 car has two seasons on them and still winning. the car and the motor are at my shop any can call and take a look at them ,but u still got to know what your lookin at.

Back