2013 B MOD rules

T.C. Springer

Determined
I'm starting this in hopes of a FRIENDLY conversation about the area tracks and their B MOD rules.

The rules are so inconsistent from track to track that it would be nice to at least have a set of rules that would make it possible to go to multiple tracks and have a competitive car.

I got these from Springfield Raceway. Jerry has a GREAT set of rules that they are very strict about and the car count shows it every night. Every time I've been there they have had 23+ cars. I think this is a huge number, considering he has 3 classes of modifieds.

Engine:
I think it's downright silly. 12.5:1 is way too much compression for this class. Why not stay 10.5:1 - 11:1? No roller cams! No lightweight cranks.

Suspension:
Very few complaints here. But we need to stick with the 3 link. Implement a trailing arm length variation rule. Like 17" on the left you need to be within a 1/2" on the right side. Get rid of the spring bar! That's a $3-400 expense that isn't needed. Put everyone on a solid bar and but the traction control back in the drivers foot! Make one driver beat the other with his skill!

Please feel free to add to, or dispute anything I have on here. I'm doing my best to be as unbiased as possible, to try and come up with things I think will help this class grow in our area.

500cfm 1 3/8 venturi 2bbl sealed crate motors w/ saginaws or powerglides. (wishful thinkin, huh...)

i agree . getting ready to build motor and get car set up.but waiting to see what the rules are going to be . there are to many different rules right now to do it .i don,t want to have to change it later. like to see one set of rules would make it alot easier

Nothing against these rules, but it really ****s for those of us who run Farmington/Doe Run/Montgomery/Fulton who would like to try places like Brownstown or Highland. Would their be any way without completely rebuilding our cars to join you guys? Make the 4-link cars weigh more? I'm not sure how this would work but would like to see someway to make this happen.

hopefully highland an b town both have rules meetings soon after the season ends so everyone knows the rules for next year if there are any changes

5 motorsports has won many nights this year with a year old allied legal sportsman motor so i dont see were compression needs to be changed. i also think 3 link is way to go i understand the 4 barargument but for a beginner class think 3 link is way to go.

as for crate motor only think that will kill the class to many spare parts laying around remember this is suppose to be hobby nobody is going to nascar

Converting a 4 bar car to 3 link is easy and cheap. Bolt on trailing arm brackets, trailing arms and you're about done.

More compression=more money.

As far as Farmington and places like that, this is why I made this thread. Maybe we can get at least one track to help us(the racer). I would love to be able to go there on occasion!

What I saw at Flora last night was Highland-legal cars running good!..Stay on the 3-Link,360 steel cubes(No 400 Blocks!!!!)The tranny thing will be the "problem",though...???

why would the tranny be a issue,,you can put a bert/brinn in for less money than a high bux clutch assembly but when i put the brinn in my yellow car it actually hurt its performance in the cornors,,lets it shut down to fast and with the small motor i run it takes to long to bring it back up,i do agree that uniform rules would be nice..as far as 3 link vs 4 bar,,seets jr..took little johnnys 3 link predator from the back to the front at tcs till the motor blew,,highland b/mods are already at 2550,,a bit more weight aint gon-a make a 3link/4 bar any closer...i think the class will grow but it may take another season till the rules are unified.....sat.there was only 6 cars at flora,,last night there were 12 at b-town,,different winners both nights..oh ya,i am building a 350,,if i have to run a crate i am done,,will have 5 or 6 hundred in it,,dont have 3500 to buy a crate,,on the other hand if a b/mod wants to run a crate i see nothing wrong with that,,even letting a 4 bbl be used on a crate.

hey springer,,,if you could post links to the different tracks rules for b-mods,,i would think there ar at least a dozen tracks,,i know one ky run a mods with crate motors

I'll try to get some more during lunch.

I agree with running a Bert/brinn. But I think we need a weight penalty for it though.

I'm starting this in hopes of a FRIENDLY conversation about the area tracks and their B MOD rules.

The rules are so inconsistent from track to track that it would be nice to at least have a set of rules that would make it possible to go to multiple tracks and have a competitive car.

I got these from Springfield Raceway. Jerry has a GREAT set of rules that they are very strict about and the car count shows it every night. Every time I've been there they have had 23+ cars. I think this is a huge number, considering he has 3 classes of modifieds.

Engine:
I think it's downright silly. 12.5:1 is way too much compression for this class. Why not stay 10.5:1 - 11:1? No roller cams! No lightweight cranks.

Suspension:
Very few complaints here. But we need to stick with the 3 link. Implement a trailing arm length variation rule. Like 17" on the left you need to be within a 1/2" on the right side. Get rid of the spring bar! That's a $3-400 expense that isn't needed. Put everyone on a solid bar and but the traction control back in the drivers foot! Make one driver beat the other with his skill!

Please feel free to add to, or dispute anything I have on here. I'm doing my best to be as unbiased as possible, to try and come up with things I think will help this class grow in our area.

Roller cams?? Arent we talking B-Mods here. where is there a track that allows roller cams now. that is as bad as the night they let the guy run Montgomery in the B's with a quick change rear end. yes that class needs to be about the beginner a nd a cheaper version.

Agreed Fireball we have three other useless motors laying around bc they aren't legal now motors are expensive stop changing the rules and it's cheaper to build ur own than put out 3500 to 5 for a crate tracks just want them bc they get a kickback from GM

BigL- I can't remember which track is was, but the rules were basically steel heads, 2bbl and wet sump. That was the only rules posted.

Be cool to see Highland, MMP, Fulton, Farmington, Doe Run, Btown all just run UMP b-mods. A special at TCS and Pevely every so often would be nice too!

T.C. I absolutly agree with the three link. It's suppose to be an economy class (if there is such a thing) and birdcages are way to expensive to buy and repair/replace to be considered economical. I also agree with the solid pull bar. It's inexpensive and if everyone is on it, it stays fair. If these rules are implemented (and stay that way) I might think about getting one. I already have a car in mind. To heck with weight breaks for this or for that, it's too hard to police and the bigger money teams will just spend more money for horsepower to compensate. jmo.

Brian #44

Brian, the reason I bring up the weight for the bert/brinn is Jerry Hoffman has Bern modifying his rules to make it equal, and it seems to be working. IIRC, his rule is 50lbs, in front of the motor plate.

Back