21st Annual I-55 Pepsi Nationals Set For This Saturday

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
PEVELY, Mo. (Sept. 9, 2003) – The I-55 Pepsi Nationals take to the track this Saturday, September 13th. This will be the 21st Annual I-55 Pepsi Nationals and it promises to be one of the most exciting and memorable events of the 2003 racing season.

$10,000 will go to the winner of the 40 lap main event in the UMP Late Model division. The UMP Modified feature winners will receive $1,200. The AARA Sportsmen cars also will race with the feature winners earning $400.

Top UMP Late Model drivers such as Shannon Babb, Don O'Neal & Kevin Weaver along with many of the top St. Louis area drivers including Ed Dixon, Randy Korte, Tim Ratajczyk, Mark Oller & Mark Faust are expected to be battling it out for the $10,000 top prize.

Billy Moyer of Batesville, Ark., won the late model portion of the nationals last year, giving him six victories in the first 20 years of the event, which moved him ahead of Ed Dixon for the most wins at the Pepsi Nationals.

In the UMP Modified division, Scott Weber will be looking for his fourth straight Pepsi Nationals Title as battles some of the toughest modifieds in the country including 2003 I-55 Raceway Track Champion Ray Walsh, along with other tough drivers like Bobby Bittle, Rich Whaley, Brian Worley, Brian Wolfmeier, Dennis Richards and Leon Rakers .

Gates will open at 4 p.m. Qualifying begins at 6:30 p.m. Racing will begin at 7 p.m.

Grandstand admission is $20 with children 12 years old and younger being admitted free into the grandstands.

I-55 Raceway, a high-banked, one-third-mile clay oval, is located 30 minutes south of the St. Louis Gateway Arch on Interstate 55 at Pevely exit 180 & 178. For tickets or more information, call the track at (636) 479-3219 or visit www.i55raceway.com.

Back