24H & 18L(Friendly Debate)

biker6403

dirt tracks 4 ever
I want your opinions about chasing points. Does winning 9 features in a row,say more about Michael's skills or the caliber of competition? What other tracks has the 18L raced at this year,besides I-55 and TCS? I've always thought that the more tracks you race at,the better you become as a driver. Harrison has raced against some stellar fields this year and has proven he can run with anyone.The points race is going down to the wire,I hope to see these two guys going head-to head more often before the season is over.. Good Hard Racing! Good luck to both. This thread is not meant to bash anyone,no doubt Long is good shoe.:cool::D

They are separated by 17 points after last Sunday...But Long picked up another win on Monday at Quincy (which will fall into next weeks point standings) and gained another 5 points on Harrison so is really only 12 points behind going into this weekend.

You can see exactly where they raced and how they did:

Mike Harrison: http://motorstats.com/championship/9/points?driver_id=3104
Michael Long: http://motorstats.com/championship/9/points?driver_id=10824

Todd Sherman & Nick Allen aren't out of the race for the title either.

Michael can not only race against the best he can also win proven many times.
He is also one of the cleanest drivers around and has a great personality win or lose.
I am glad to have met him at 24 raceway a few years back I hope his wife doesnt get so nervous any more lol !!!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR 1st BID FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!

I've seen Michael run a few times. Seen him this past weekend at Pevely. I have to agree he does race very clean. Good luck!

They both have done a GREAT job and have been very entertaining wherever they have gone.
They have both raced at alot of different tracks
Long went to Florida, Harrison didn"t.
Both have raced against stellar fields and have stayed relativley local within the area that they live.

Now, as for racing head to head...
6/18 6th place for Harrison, 3rd place for Long
6/24 1st place for Harrison, 3rd place for Long
7/29 19th place for Harrison, 23rd place for Long
8/26 19th place for Harrison, 1st place for Long

They are going to have to race against each other as the season closes to win it.
Last few weeks of the season are gonna be good!!!

Both need wins where there are 30 or more cars to get max bonus points. The mod mania at tricity will be important to both of their chances. It may come down to Eldora at the end.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

We might see Harrison at Quincy the next three Sundays possibly if they want to go head to head.

They both will only benefit from races that have bonus points. Meaning more than 25 cars. Any event that has less than 25 cars will not add to either ones point total any more.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

There is very good competition at I55 and Tricity, but honestly there are only a handful of cars to
beat out of the thirty plus there. Y would a driver go to I55 for $750 to win when u can stay up
North for $2000. Other then the fact that every good car in three states will be there for
competion. It will all be over soon and time will tell.

But they get more points due to the over 25 car count rule. I agree......id run for the money. But now in the final stretch.....points points points. Bet both will run around here

lmao...............
Michael can not only race against the best he can also win proven many times.
He is also one of the cleanest drivers around and has a great personality win or lose.
I am glad to have met him at 24 raceway a few years back I hope his wife doesnt get so nervous any more lol !!!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR 1st BID FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!

Michael has raced at I-55, Tri-city, Callaway Raceways, scotland, volusia, Quincy, Moberly, so not just 2 tracks, hope to see him pick up his first title. Great guy and a great driver.

These two guys are two of the best drivers around at this time.If you go to a track and either one is there your gonna get your money worth!!! Mike is more of a wide open balls to the wall and long is laid back and ready to ponce if you bobble guy.lol

I have to agree.....
These two guys are two of the best drivers around at this time.If you go to a track and either one is there your gonna get your money worth!!! Mike is more of a wide open balls to the wall and long is laid back and ready to ponce if you bobble guy.lol

Points end Oct. 3rd and all local tracks. Then the UMP Fall Nat'ls at Eldora on Oct. 7th-8th will be the final points event to decide the champion.

Back