2nd Phase of New Lighting at I-55 Raceway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Musco Lighting delivered new lights & poles today for the 2nd phase of additional lighting at I-55 Raceway. Installation should be done within a week or so depending on the weather.

Last Year After The Races They Turned Those New Lights Off On The Back Stretch. It Was Hard To Imagine They Raced Without Them Becuase It Seemed So Dark.

scoreboard

Having a scorebard installed at I-55 isn't a bad idea, but I don't see this happening right now. :rolleyes:

Ray and Kenny are working on several areas of the track which should be done this season barring any permit or construction issues.

Look for new lights, new concession equipment, maybe a new concession stand,new restrooms, new ticket booths, new look at the front gate, new steps leading from the back staright to the pits, and new signage.

The wish list is long and an electronic scoreboard is on it but not at the top just yet.

TTG/MM

Improvements at I-55

All improvements are greatly appreciated by ALL fans and driver's that attend I-55 on a regular basis. I think I speak for everyone on this subject. :D

For all the things we wish for, we still have the best facility in the area. I-55 is a great place that could be even better. All in due time my racing fan friends.

But that being said, It sure would be nice to have that scoreboard!!!!:D ;)

Back