305 cars

Millsey

I am hopin that you all get to run topless soon...... I hear Doe Run is lettin you take it off, i think the Rock shud falla suit, n make the racin more excitin.. What wud be really good is if the tracks swapped weeks... Id like that, cause I goes both places.. maybe do some back to back Races with the Purestreets for extra $$ One week at the Rock, and one at DoeRun...Thats wud be the way to compliment each others... Helpin out , and co-operatin and all. I bet we cud have some gud shows!! Id like to see it!!

This is Great! Finally we have some great tracks to run these 305 sprints! With or without wings, this class is alot of fun and has the potential to grow in this area. The only way both tracks, fans and drivers will benefit from this class is if everyone works together. Alternating weekends or coming to an agreement of which track is racing which weekend will allow more cars in the races and more excitement for the fans. We like both tracks but how do you choose which to go to when they are running on the same night?

lets hope everyone will come and support a track that would run us weekly instead of when they feel like it.

I support the weekly show... but variation is nice, and theres no sense in two tracks within 20 miles of one another butting heads and trying to run the same classes, on the same night.... It just doesnt make good business sense on eithers part. In fact it hurts everyone. ESPECIALLY the FANS, and that people is where the money is... Unless you are a not for profit.... So lets give them a place to run, purestreets, 305's and carts. Just not on the same weeks. If people would drop their pride for one second, and take a look see for one second...., its an easy, and good solution for all...

I agree. Variety is nice. And so is a good car count. It would seem everyone would benefit from F-town and DR getting together and alternating nights.

I guess potentially any class, but I think the ones in common would be the first to be discussed. I believe Jason was thinking of 305's and carts. IMO, midgets and multis would be a good fit for F-town. I'm certainly not advocating raiding Doe Run. I'm saying, and I think Jason is too, that both tracks, the drivers and the fans would benefit from alternating classes. Both to keep car counts up and to keep things fresher to watch.

I completely agree. Since Jeff Mills passed away (RIP Jeff) I've suggested several times that the two tracks should get together, work together and benefit each other. I've promptly been told each time that it will never happen. Sorry, but I'm told that's the way it is.

I believe that it may benefit both tracks to trade classes back and forth for the same reasons already stated... 1-Gives drivers some variety without having to worry about losing track points or loyalty issues, 2-Both tracks can trade shows back and forth, even possibly have a points system between the two. There are a few other reasons, but it's been a long couple of days and they escape me at the moment.

It all goes back to my first paragraph - it's been suggested - not only by me, but plenty of others. We all seem to get the same response - "not going to happen." All I can say is - I (personally) am open to it and am willing to do what I can to make things happen. There, it's out there. Now will anything come of it, I can't say.

Another reason... It doesnt happen that often, but if one rains out.... Who would be silly enuf to turn away a class of cars if they went to the other track. It would be nice if that DID happen that it would be a 'given' to drivers that they could go north or south and race anyway..

I would like to clarify (and the 305 guys would agree) that the 305s contacted Fredericktown asking to come race b/c they just wanted to race. They came to the track, enjoyed it and asked for more dates. Since they seemed to work out just fine, more dates were added. We were asked to add some more and did - there's even been some TALK (just talk) about adding them as a weekly class later on. We want to see how the class goes and so far appreciate their support and enthusiasm. I've been told that another track may be looking into having them next season if they do well down here. Good luck 305s, I hope you succeed!

roll call!

Your back! thank goodness. No more IHOP

big tuna, aunt jemima?!!?? now all we need is a visit from: evil warlord, any one of the 5 or 6 harold variations, 9th street gangsta, brokeback, gumby and any other persona i might have forgotten. LOL

Can't we just let them all go? Big Tuna is now taken back by another. Let's hope they let it end.

big tuna, aunt jemima?!!?? now all we need is a visit from: evil warlord, any one of the 5 or 6 harold variations, 9th street gangsta, brokeback, gumby and any other persona i might have forgotten. LOL
Dang Mike I forgot about the Harolds... You sure have a good memory!! And no Tracy... What fun would that be??

Back