$350 to Win 600 Mini Sprint's At Pike This Saturday

C. Motley

$350 to Win 600 Mini Sprint's At Pike Sat. June 18

Pike County Speedway will host a very special race this Saturday June 18. We will once again be Racing For Kristopher this weekend. Entry Fees will remain the usual $20, and all non driver pit passes will also be the usual $20. Pit gate opens at 3pm & hot laps at 6pm.

Allen & I would like to thank the Goldesberry Family of Springfield, Il. for the generous donation of $250 to the outlaw class which will make the winning prize money $350. The rest of the money will be despersed throughout the evening.

This race is for my 5 year old cousin Kristopher Screacke who is battleing T-cell leukemia and will have a bone marrow transplant on July 2. Kristopher was diagnosed with T-cell Leukemia in 2003 after complaining of shoulder pain. An X-ray showed a shadow of a mass of leukemia cells in his chest. T-cell is a high risk, more aggressive type of cancer. Most children have B-cell leukemia & T-cell leukemia happens more often in boys than girls. Kristopher was in remission after a year of chemo treatments until March 1 of this year when he relapsed. Now his only hope of survival is a bone marrow transplant and even then his chances will be only 50%. In order to find a donor they turned to the National Bone Marrow Registry and the International Bone Marrow Registry. Out of 5 million registered donors, 15 were considered possibilites. After intensive screening it was determined that only 1, one from the international registry, was a perfect match. One out of 5 million! We finally got word that the 24 year old international male would in fact donate and Kristopher's transplant will be done on July 2. Kristopher was unable to receive his 5th chemo treatment last week due to chicken pox. This will create a little problem, because Kristopher must remain in remission in order to receive the transplant, and by not getting a chemo tratment this may increase the chance of the cancer returning.

So on behalf of my family we will be honored to have you all race for Kristopher this weekend. We will be taking any donations to help in the families expenses but more importantly the family asks for prayers and continued support for the American Red Cross & The Bone Marrow Registry.

Sincerely,
Cathy Motley

Back