4-division "Brownstown Bash" Hits Fayette County Speedway On Oct. 25th!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Jon Mooney

BROWNSTOWN, IL: While most dirt tracks in the Midwest are just now knocking the snow off and getting started with the new racing season, race promoter Brian Thompson has announced the "Brownstown Bash" for Saturday, October 25th at the Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Illinois. Thompson, best known for co-promoting successful midget events in the region last year, has leased the popular central Illinois quarter-mile dirt track for this one-time event.

"Yes, I know it's only April, but we wanted to give race teams and race fans plenty of notice. So get out your calendar and circle that date of October 25th! We're going to get plenty of drivers across the Midwest come out for 'one last race of the year'!" The second-year promoter from Belleville went on to say that the "Brownstown Bash" is the kind of show that he's been eager to present. "It'll be a fun end to the season...lots of cars and a quick running show. You can count on it!" The one-day race program will bring together four very popular divisions, winged 410 outlaw sprint cars, dirt late models and modifieds (both with UMP rules) and NAMARS 600 c.c. micros.

"I went to Fayette County's practice day last week and I can tell you this, the winged sprint cars will put on a whale of a show here! With the track's central location, I think we'll draw a great field of cars from all over the Midwest, plus a lot of sanctioning bodies are done with their point races so I'd expect a large field". Thompson went on to say that "Illinois is dirt late model and modified country and we're sure to get a super field of these cars as well. And we added the micros with the NAMARS sanction to the event because I'm a big fan of these cars and they put on some terrific racing". The micros, or "multis" as they are sometimes called, compete at some half dozen tracks within the area during the year and will round out the four-division "Brownstown Bash".

The sprint and late model features will each pay $2000 to win and $200 to start. The modifieds will pay $1000 to win and $100 to start. The micros will pay $700 to win and $50 to start. Grandstand tickets will be priced at $18. The promoter went on to say, "We want to make this race fun and affordable for everyone. Plus, with the date being close to Halloween, we'll have some giveaways for the kids. So, be sure to keep the last Saturday in October open on your race calendar!"

The Fayette County Speedway is located in Brownstown, Illinois just off Interstate 70 at exit 68 between Effingham and Vandalia. The track is approximately 90 minutes east of St. Louis, MO and 90 minutes west of Terre Haute, IN. For more information on the October 25th "Brownstown Bash", you can access the event's web-site at www.brownstownbash.com. The site will be updated throughout the race season so bookmark it and check back often.

Back