4 M

race21j

Has any one tried to log on /register with 4m? It looks like they don't want/need members.
Just a thought.

That is the problem, it says can not register memeber everytime I try to register.And after sending 2 emails about the problem to the contact email , No response.

race21j said:
That is the problem, it says can not register memeber everytime I try to register.And after sending 2 emails about the problem to the contact email , No response.

I've had the same problem. I know everyone has to re-register their name for the "new" 4m, but they keep sending an error message when I try to re-register.

I haven't tried to re-register. Don't think I will for awhile anyway. That is one cheap messed up site. Don't think it could pass webmaster 101. :D

Thanks

If anyone is having issues please email barry@xrpromotions.com directly. Every customer support email has been answered and some of the technical support replies have bounced (which is out of our control).

If you don't like the site.....to each is own. I do guarantee that we are making strides to make 4M the best we can and our numbers indicate this. Membership is solid and we have broken hit and page view records in the past week that would make the old 4M embarrased. Look for more annoucements soon.

Thanks,

Barry
4M.net

The new 4m Sukks....

They banned me for speaking my opinion on the new 4m.....:D

Whatever you do don't speak out against the new administrators.

Notice how the people on 4m has gone way down, there used to be at least 200 on any time of day, now maybe 100 to 120 are on at any given time. In my opnion they have ruined 4m. ....:mad:

4m.net said:
I
If you don't like the site.....to each is own. I do guarantee that we are making strides to make 4M the best we can and our numbers indicate this. Membership is solid and we have broken hit and page view records in the past week that would make the old 4M embarrased. Look for more annoucements soon.

Thanks,

Barry
4M.net

I think your lying, you also lied about the old membership having so many multiple user names to cover your butt and the pathetic new format that isn't working, the old 4m has embarressed you guys, go ahead and keep the Drunken Race Clan, they're a real classy bunch they are....

Murph said:
I think your lying, you also lied about the old membership having so many multiple user names to cover your butt and the pathetic new format that isn't working, the old 4m has embarressed you guys, go ahead and keep the Drunken Race Clan, they're a real classy bunch they are....

Wonder if vBULLETIN is also lying about the members on this site.:D

It's getting desperate over there, when will Clint and Gerald come to their senses and dump this new format and go back to vbulletin.

I still go to the new 4m , but really could navigate the old one better.
Not bashing but stating MY preferences.

I do know that I have voiced some of my concerns and issues directly to Barry and heard his response. There are some great features on the new site (I like the news on the front page and the fact they do keep things moderated more and the Tailgate section) but also some drawbacks (the fact you have to go to the main page to log in and no place on the boards since I have them bookmarked stinks and also some little blips) but I know it takes time to work things out. It is a huge adjustment to get used to because 4m before was just message boards - now with this other stuff it is a little more complicated. I have to keep faith that they will keep working on everything and sifting through the coding until they get it right.

That's just my pence worth.

Overestimated/Underestimated

Someone overestimated their ability and underestimated their task.

When some one takes on a monumental task of revamping a site like 4M you had best done your homework.

Asking for members to be "Beta testers" after the project has started???

Not understanding that more than one person in a family uses the same computer????

Putting on film clips then deciding it takes to much bandwidth???

Avatars and signatures is a big deal then they use to much bandwidth???

Moderators still showing personal preference on who gets deleted and who doesn't???

Very "Generic" looking pages???

Very difficult to surf??

I am not a member so there are more problems for them I guess??

Perhaps as they rid themselves of some of the older members they will tune it to the Advertisers, Younger more sophisticated user.( Those who buy the shirts, only follow major races and are star struck).

Eventually I see it as pay to join site. Controllled by advertising.
Of couse I realize that advertising is essential and if 4M can make money that is also great.

As I slowly wean myself from the 4M site I am finding out it is not so hard.

Still enjoy the "TAILGATING" but it will soon die along with the "PEORIA POSSE" and other such meanderings. And I guess that is the new 4M.

More sophisticated and probably less knowlegable contributers. Some who think Bloomquist invented dirt racing. OH WELL!!!!

The adminstrator had posted a feedback thread, it had some good positive posts and also some critcisms, it was then deleted....lol

They have ruined 4m.....Does anybody know what board some of the older posters are now hanging out?

Back