"602" vs "604"

Baze

Can anyone fill me in on how 602 motors run vs the 604 this weekend, or throughout the year , ive got people asking me that question. The only motors ive sold over the counter was the 604. Is the $2000.00 price difference between the two worth it.
Thanks for any input.
Dan Boeser
DEIEN CHEVROLET
TRENTON IL.

We have the 604 and I dont think its worth the price difference. I'm getting a 602 for our other car. Shane Cockrum won all year with the 602, and a majority of Jolly's last year and this were with 602 if I'm not mistaken. Even with the 602 your gonna have to add lead, just not as much.

if you wanna talk stats,i think the 602 probably dominated this year,especially on the smaller tracks,in my opinion i think id go with the 602,the 604 dont seem like it has anymore then the 602,especially in the right car.the 602 is the most ''bang for the buck''

Here's my take. The weight break is very important. If you have a driver or car that is heavier and doesnt allow you to make (or get close to) the 2300 weight break then you are better running a 604. If you can make the break or if you consistently run on slower slicker tracks then the extra money for the 604 probably is not worth it.

We also ran a 602 last weekend and were very competitive even on a tacky track. I bought a used 602 in very good shape for $1800. So you can get into this for little cash!

Weight shouldnt be an issue. My brothers car is a 2x3 frame, and he weighs 325 and with the 604 we still had to add lead.

If your not sure, or fat like me, buy the 602

Our car was a 2x2 Rayburn, 602 powered with a 215 lb driver. It weighed 2360 all year while it was winning. The weight limit for the 602 was 2300 so we were always 60lb heavy and it didnt hurt us. It would have been nice to see how good we would've been at 2300. I will also say that there was probably 20 lb or better that could've been taken off the car for free if given the winter to do it. So I say that the 602 is very marketable and more than likely contributed to some of Rodneys success over the weekend. I know I was wishing I had mine in.

Are used 602 & 604's around, can they be used in CARS, and how much would they cost? Also, how about the life of a used motor?

Crates

yes, there are used motors available out there, I've seen as many as 5 recently. 602's can be had for anywhere from 1500- 2200used and 604's 3500-4200 used depending on the number of nights. There are alot with 20-30nights on them and if these can be bought for under 2000 and 4000, its a good buy. From what I'm hearing these motors are running strong for approx 60 nights and have even seen one with over 90 nights on it!! Rebuilds are done locally and range from 1200-1500 typically. Oh, one more thing, I've yet to see a crate motor blow up, I thought that was pretty impressive.

Back