A Few Important Questions

BRSDBoy

Your Typer and Talker
Hey everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your offseasons! I just have a few things about the website I'd like to ask/cover:
  • First order of business: Jason and Christi, I left a voicemail tonight. If you don't receive it, but you read this, please contact me ASAP. Most evenings (the later the better) work for me.
  • Second: I need everyone's opinion. We can have a blog, a forum, and/or a chatroom. Obviously, with all of these communication tools, they're not all likely to be used... so I'd like to know which ones you guys want on the new website. We could start out with all three and see which ones are used more, I suppose... but feedback would be nice. Let me know what you think.
  • Third: If anyone has (or knows someone who has) digital videos of anything... well.. almost anything taken at the track. Races, crew footage, etc., and would like to see it on the website, e-mail it to me at webmaster@bigriversanddrags.com . Only e-mail videos in .AVI, .MPEG, .MPG, .WMA, .rm or .VID formats. Then I'll see what I can do.
  • The same applies to pictures. Old, new, action shots, pit crews, visits to the concession stand -- whatever, we'll take 'em. E-mail them, or if you have physical pictures and don't have access to a scanner, you can mail them to me to scan and I will send them back. Contact me for more info.
  • Fourth: I'm considering a "Racer Profile" database. This will allow racers (ones who attend at least half the year's races [I WILL allow exceptions]) to create an informational profile with their headshot, car pictures, and other random information. Let me know what you all think. This will take a lot of time/energy/effort, but if there are a lot of people interested, I think it'd be a nice addition.
  • Finally: I may need a few guinea pigs before the website is opened to the masses. If you have a dialup internet connection, or if your computer runs off of a MAC Operating system (NOT WINDOWS), contact me, and I'll let you see the website before everyone else... you'll just have to answer a few questions for me.)
Well, that's it for now... Take care, and please respond quickly and earnestly.

Cordially Yours,

Nickolas Harris, webmaster

a driver profile page would be a really neat addition to the site, and as far as the blog or forums go i would go go with a forumn or a blog, i dont know if there woudl be enought people online at one time for the chat room to go over.

Back