A Question For All..........

JWF_89

ok, sinse they r talkin about gettin ready to get ridof the sportsmans? And Its almost to big of a track for the multis or atleast to be more even. So i was thinking , my opinion is and i know alot alot of people who want to see latemodels. So i was thinkin maybe they should put latemodels in the place of multis and sportsmans, I bet there would be very very good racing and i think there would possiblee be a decent car count. So i think that it would be a good idea??????????:p

axeman said:
I'm heading for cover!
Axeman you rock.... LOL!

It would be fantastic to see Late Models along with the Sprints at SFCR, however it's not feasible due to expenses.

ok then what is the highest reg show of ,sprints payout??? i figured without multis and sportsmans there wil be 2795$ not being paid out??

There's always a reason why they can't do this or can't do that! Your not going to tell me that track doesn't make money, that's bull &%#@ and you know it is. I will tell you this, they keep taking our classes away they will be hanging it up.. Not just the classes but those are our friends, family in those cars. Pevely isn't that far away..........

ok i am not sure if sportsmenare going or staying maybe rumers.but geting mad and stuff won't solve much after all think of a happy place lol ok sorry i didn't write that to shake the bee hive anyways.............

the sportsman are leaving this will the last season for them at sfcr, however i think it is a great idea but it will most likely not happen "not enough money".

I dont know what people are griping about! What is the normal car count for the Sportsman class?? 10-14 at the max? Thats barely enough to run 2 heat races! Yes, I do hate to see the class go, cause we have some good racers in that class! But it will not only benefit the track but the fans as well! Most of the guys will either buy modifieds next year, which we already have a very stout weekly modified showing or they will downsize and build a pure street, which I have to say I thought the idea of having a 5th class was a bad one to say the least,especially the "junkers", but this class seems to get better and better with each passing week! Some of the best racing at the track has been in this class! My opinion on getting rid of the multi's is this: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? We normally draw 20-30 of these guys EVERY week, and you say that the track is too big for them...we must be attending 2 different tracks this year, cause I think the multi's go just as fast as the sportsmans or the modifieds!! They put on one hell of a show every week, especially when guys like Barnhouse and Ferguson are there. But there is a solution to this so-called problem...if people want to dismiss the multis as well as the sportsman class, why dont we introduce a 305 sprint class to the track! They run these guys all over the country...Memphis, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania just to name a few! They dont take much money to run, plus Ive seen a handfull of races over the years, and they tend to put on a good show every where Ive seen them! I think 305's are gonna be the other class at this years Lake Ozark ASCS big 360 show next month!!!

Hey Lay OFF THE MULTI'S

:eek: I mean this in a nice way but you gotta lay off the multis! They put on an awesome show every week! And without making a big stink in here, If a class must go it should be one of the beaters/bangers/bombers classes! Three features of these cars is way to much! So unload the smallest class and be done with it. Leave the multis alone, They do just fine!

Back in the day, there were sportsmans and hobbystocks. The sportsmans ranks grew thin and they were eliminated. Then the hobbystocks became the sportsman class. They kept changing the rules and getting faster and more expensive and there numbers dwindled. The class got itself to where they weren't legal anywhere else. Just like the sportsman of old. My bet is that if the pure streets don't watch out and they continue to let this go and that go, they will start to get expensive to compete on the same level as the faster cars in the class. This will frustrate the slower guys who will eventually give it up or change classes. In a couple of years the class will be pretty much a sportsman class and die a slow death. Moral of the story, leave entry level classes just that and don't let the drivers be involved in the rules process. It kills the class everytime! As for the multis, I am a fan of race cars that in some way resemble a car. Take away the sportsman, and you only have one class that looks like a real car, and a good portion of them look like they have been in a demo derby! Also, I have to apologise to Sprint28fan on my gender incorrect retort, don't need the females mad at me. So I'll give you an AMEN SISTER!!!

If you like to see speed mixed with your racing, put a stopwatch on the muticlass this saturday night and compare to all the other classes. I think you'll find that only the sprints are faster and you'll be suprised how little faster they are.

payout should be by speed, not by noise - increase the payout and we'll see even faster multis every week.

increase the payout, they can't not enough money that is why they are getting rid of the sportsman remember...........

multifan said:
If you like to see speed mixed with your racing, put a stopwatch on the muticlass this saturday night and compare to all the other classes. I think you'll find that only the sprints are faster and you'll be suprised how little faster they are.

payout should be by speed, not by noise - increase the payout and we'll see even faster multis every week.

How much faster do you want to go in a car that sounds like my weed eater?:D I like the multis, but not at Farmington. Doe Run, Fredricktown and the 1/4 mile at Tri-City most definitely, but at Farmington they just get TOO spread out and produce absolutely NO EXCITEMENT!! PERIOD!! Remember these are 600cc minis, not 1200cc mini-sprints. The 600's are better on small tight tracks. Most of the one's on here praising the multis all the time about how cool Farmington is are the drivers themselves. They like that WIDE OPEN feeling they get. Take a poll and I would be pretty darn sure most fans would share this same opinion.

multifan said:
The stopwatch does not lie :)

Back