Aaron Wood busted @ I-55

moonflow

BIRKY!!!
Now, I would like to know what kind of person runs a 2-way radio in his helmet for a Pro-4 / Hornet race? How STUPID do you get!!!? With people in the tower having scanners, and the officials having radios, you should've known you were going to get caught!!! DUMB!!!!

Next time, race fair!

Oh wow he had a two way radio he's cheating big time. Glad they were checking for that and not motors, tire pressures, suspension, birth certificates. Get over it, I doubt it helped him anyway.

radio

Is it against the rules to have a 2-way radio? I don't see how it would help him win, his car would still needs to be fast.

Wow its funny how ppl get all hyped up over two-way radios. Wow what possibly could they of said to each other????? This isnt nascar i mean it aint like he told him how much fuel he had left. i personally thinks its funny b/c im sure they were just jacking around on them but w/e. shake n bake lol

Tune in Tokyo!!!

Well well well. I was gonna post something yesterday but couldn’t. I was to busy smiling and laughing to myself after having the time of my life at I-55 Saturday night. I am not going to post anything after this so let’er rip guys. Hammer me all you want but I’m not gonna go back and forth and argue. I went to the track Sat with one goal only: Win the race and have a blast. One out of two isn't bad. If I would have pulled it off somehow then great, but having fun was first and foremost. Did I think that having a $12 walkie talkie from ebay in my car was encouraged by the officials? ----No. Did I try to be sneaky and hide it? ----Absolutely not. In fact, I won’t name names but some of my fellow competitors watched me suit up and put the earphones in. My intention was not to scr*w anyone on the track. Other than giving me an early heads up if there was a caution or suggesting a different line, things are happening too fast to use a radio to block people or anything of that nature. If I have offended any of my fellow competitors that I greatly respect, then I sincerely apologize. If you could hear a playback of what was said though, I doubt you’d have much of a problem. I am not trying to condone it, I’m simply referring to the lack of serious conversation between me and my “spotter??”. I hardly think that an exchange of quotes from Days of Thunder or Talladega Nights was gonna put us in victory lane, but whatever. Truthfully, I was not trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that between officials, fireman, and other track personnel that someone might hear us. No disrespect intended, but we weren’t too concerned about that. In a championship points situation I wouldn’t even think of taking a chance like that but like I said, I was determined to have a good time and didn’t really care Saturday night. Having said that, had I known it would cause such a fuss I would have saved the walkie-talkies for a camping trip.

Most drivers, myself especially, go into a race fully intending to do everything in their power to win. However lets be honest for a moment. A lot of guys came to a gunfight armed with a knife on Saturday night. If I wanted to “cheat”, I would do it in a way that would guarantee that my car was at the front of the field on the last lap. Walkie-talkies won’t do that. I am not, let me repeat, NOT accusing anyone else of cheating. I’m simply making a point. If you think a walkie-talkie was gonna take me from the 5th row all the way to victory, then you are on something. I find it strange that I would get such heat despite the fact that I have not won a single feature this season. Once again, if I am a cheater then evidently I’m not any good at it. I may not have won but I drove a clean race and that is something I pride myself on. I’ve said it before but if you find a guy that says I roughed him up on purpose w/out being provoked, I’ll be glad to pay for his next pit pass (don’t even think about it Fish! lol).

A.A.R.A. officials: All but one of you guys deserves a hand, especially Jim. Despite not being track regulars we were teched thoroughly but treated fairly and with respect. My guys and I appreciate that and hope in light of what happened you don’t have a problem with our returning on a limited basis next year. The only exception to this was your flagmen “Spanky”???? You showed zero class from the moment you began your slobbering tirade in the drivers meeting. What were you saying? At one point another official had to place his hand on your shoulder and calm you down. I have ADD and I assure you there are medications that can help with conditions such as this. Then after our feature you climbed down from the flag stand and did your best to embarrass me and scream in my face. Strange to look eye to eye with someone who is standing up, while I’m still buckled in my racecar. I made no attempt whatsoever to hide the radio or lie when asked about it. I quickly handed it to you and yet you still wanted to rant and rave, holding it up and shouting, “ We got him, we got him!”. ----Got who???? Bin Laden? A Cuban drug smuggler? Bigfoot? Give me a break dude. You should act in a more professional manner if for no other reason than to not lower the standard set by your fellow officials. I guess you were out of breath after the races because you had nothing to say to me or my family when we ran into you at Quik Trip barely an hour later.

Dirtgirl: Whatever? You do not know me. Period.

Ryan Eilers: Congrats my man! Now move up so I have a shot some night.:D

Don Hoener: I know I’m not the first to say this but thank you for organizing a great show once again. The guys in these three classes live for this night each year.

The “PRO-4 Posse”: You guys are awesome! Fishman and family, Crump Bros, Brad Almond Jr. and Sr., and a few others I don’t know by name. I was crackin up in the drivers meeting and knew we were gonna have fun duking it out. I will race with you guys any day. You shouldn’t have to run for trophies and high fives all season but you do. It shows your true passion for racing.

... I hope the 80 dollars I lost is up for grabs on your 2007 season opener.

Sincerely, Aaron Wood #2x.

Attachments

• Chimp.jpg
    Chimp.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 150
Hey we were getting paid at the end of the year, I won $50 for my feature. Come on down, we enjoy the competition. Well said Aaron.

Hey, Arron I had a great time racing with you. I never made it up to ya so I could rub some paint on ya but you ran a great race, next time use your cell phone with a ear peace it works. give me a call sometime I need some speed secrets.
Rob Inman 00

the only quote i didnt get to use that i wanted to was {go out and hit the pace car } woody is just to damn clean of a driver but i am sure if he was talking to me he would have said it

the only quote i didnt get to use that i wanted to was {go out and hit the pace car } woody is just to damn clean of a driver but i am sure if he was talking to me he would have said it
DID HE COME IN FOR SOME ICE CREAM? YOU KNOW RUBBIN'S RACIN

GLENNON

Aaron all i gotta say once a cheater always a cheater, haha jp. Well thanks for taking about 2 weeks out of my life to read that but thats sum funny stuff, got who??? what a classic lol cya at tri-city since i kno u want me there lol

I Have Used The Cell Phone With The Ear Piece. Rules Dont Say Nutten About Your Cell Phone !!!!!!!!! You Guys Have To Out Think Them Rules..you Dont Need Two Way Radios Just Use Your Cell Phone... And Heres The Best Thing Of It All. They Cant Pick Your Signal Up .....

Once again, well said Aaron. I had a blast running with you and Eric(11G). I would have never have guested you had a radio, we ran side by side for the last half a the feature and not once did you try to block me getting in he corner. You raced me very clean, and i tryed to give you room coming off (the old toyota motor just dont go). And thanks for getting "busted" i received a couple of extra dollars on my second biggest payout of my racing career $75+$15 (for the heat)=$90, I just may retire.

Radio or not come back to I-55 anytime, we can save you a spot next to the Pro-4 Posse:D If you think you can hang!

Back