? about triple disk clutch's

roundboy

how reliable are triple disk's and what is the best brand to buy? im planning on putting one in a b-mod, but i don't know anything about them, any help would be appreacited. thanks in advance, nathan gibson

Bullit proof. Very nice clutch to use on a race car. I have a hyd throw out bearing for one..if you need one.

i talked to a guy tonight that has a ram triple disk, im guessing that its a
6 1/4 so thats why i was wondering, so i will be looking for a throwout bearing for it. another question is do i have to use a hyd. throwout bearing, or do they make one that will work with a stock style clutch fork with a slave cylinder? like i said, this is all new to me, we ran a sportsman for years, so the mod stuff is alltogeather differnt from what we know. thanks

triple disc!!!

yes u can run a normal throwout bearing. BUT depending on the bellhousing you are running you will probably need to get the long style bearing ,also it should have a round face to the bearing instead of squared off face. one more thing YOU WILL NEED TO PUT A STOP ON THE CLUTCH FORK so you don't let the fingers over extend!!!!! you want the clutch just past the point of disengeged(this is the main reason you should run a hydraulic bearing so it doesnt get overextended)but if your on a budget like most people are you can get by with out it, just take the time to adjust the clutch stop and you won't have any problems. i ran the ram triple disc for 3 years with the manual bearing set up with no problems, just remember these clutches are not made to slip, like loading and unloading your car on the trailer is a big no no, hope this helps. if you do decide to run hydraulic bearing quatermaster has a nice economical piece that will work on the ram,but you will still need to measure it up on the bell housing (it will come with instructions on how to )

thank you!!!!!

thank you for all the help!! it means allot to me and my dad, who has as much to do with this as me, for people to help us with information about this stuff. im sure ill have more questions about all this, so ill be posting again soon. thanks again!! Nathan gibson

My throwout bearing is $25 bucks. By the whole clutch for $50 as spare. the throuw out hyd clutch style is less prone to problems...i found the hard way. Plus less weight..less moving parts. let me know what you decide.

do you also have a triple disk? if so, yeah, ill take it and your throwout bearing for extra stuff. id like to be able to try both ways with the bearing. my # is 573-734-6854 if you would like to arrange something. thanks, nathan

thanks, but i got what i needed today, but ill prolly be needing some info about setting this stuff up and maintaining it, so ill be asking more questions.

Back