Adams Overcomes Flip for Best Finish of the Season at Attica Raceway Park

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - ATTICA, Ohio (Sept. 6, 2018) - Justin Adams came back from a heat race flip and nearly scored his first top-10 finish in a 305ci winged sprint car last Saturday at Attica Raceway Park.

Adams, who is only in his second year of racing a sprint car, began the night by turning the fastest lap in hot laps among the 24 cars on hand. A bad pill draw had him roll off last in his heat race, but he soon charged into the top three at the drop of the green.

9158952b-e85c-44ce-af3e-9a47e2ad88f0.jpg
"All season when the car might have been good the driver was off a little and when the driver was on his game the car wasn't," he said. "Saturday the driver and the car were on. It's the best the car has felt all year. We finally found a setup I feel comfortable with."

Unfortunately, Adams jumped the big cushion in turn three and took a tumble.

"All driver error," he said. "I waited half a second too long to make a decision to drive to the cushion and I got into it and flipped. I think if I could have kept it just off the cushion we had a second or third-place car, which puts us in the redraw for the A Main."

Adams and his family and friends as well as fellow competitors thrashed on the car and got it repaired for the B Main. He charged from fifth to a runner-up finish to qualify for the night's A Main.

"My guys worked their tails off and we had so much help from other teams," he said. "I have to thank Kyle Capodice and his crew for letting us use their spare wing and Craig Mintz and crew for jumping in to help."

Adams stormed through the pack from his 17th starting position and battled for a top-10 finish, getting nipped at the line and settling for 11th.

"That was an absolute blast," he said. "I can't wait to get back out there now that we found something setup-wise."

Adams said the team has three more races left in 2018, all at Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio. It's championship night this Saturday and Adams heads into the event ranked eighth in the championship standings.

QUICK RESULTS -

Sept. 1 - Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio - Heat: 7 (8); B Main: 2 (5); Feature: 11 (17).

SEASON STATS -

23 races, 0 wins, 0 top fives, 0 top 10s, 9 top 15s, 20 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Saturday at Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio

MEDIA LINKS -

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/justinadamsracing09

Twitter: https://twitter.com/justinadamsrace

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justinadamsracing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - KS Sales and Service

KS Sales and Service, which is located in Gibsonburg, Ohio, is owned by Kevin Shammo. The business sells and services lawn mowers and outdoor equipment.

"Kevin helped us in my quarter midget days and has stayed with us all the way," Adams said. "He not only helps with sponsorship, but he helps on the car. He is a strong supporter of our team and I can't thank him enough for all he has done for me."

Adams would also like to thank Woodville Mutual, Bobby's Truck and Bus Repair, the Tackle Box 2 Restaurant, Polter Real Estate, KS Sales & Service, Tim and Linda Merrill, Simpson Race Products, NGK Spark Plugs, WIX Filters, Kear's Speed Shop; The Joie of Seating and Design Graphics Group for their continued support.

Back