Ahhh, the good old days.

COBRAII

Anyone remember the good old days? When a thread that went forever revolved around strippers for trophy girls.

Yea,and flannel shirts and jeans were your driver's suit,work boots were racing shoes.Also,shorts and open-toe shoes were forbidden in the pit area.Newspapers and Speed Sport News were the only sources for race results and you had to wait a week get it.Oh my,how did we ever survive.Btw, you could race hard with a guy and go to the saloon after the races and have fun rehashing the evening w/o all the drama we have now!!!!!!!!! Open trailers and pickups with 3 or 4 tires and 1 non-roll around tool box and a big cooler of Schaefer's Light beer. Those were the days!!!!! Junkyards had plenty of spare parts and they were cheap,too.Butyl tires were the hot ticket on slick tracks and fun was the name of the game. Nostalgia, you gotta love it.;);)

chim chim can not answer at this time he is at PT's waiting for them to open the doors again. I think his excuse this time is he forgot his sunglasses in there.

Yea,and flannel shirts and jeans were your driver's suit,work boots were racing shoes.Also,shorts and open-toe shoes were forbidden in the pit area.Newspapers and Speed Sport News were the only sources for race results and you had to wait a week get it.Oh my,how did we ever survive.Btw, you could race hard with a guy and go to the saloon after the races and have fun rehashing the evening w/o all the drama we have now!!!!!!!!! Open trailers and pickups with 3 or 4 tires and 1 non-roll around tool box and a big cooler of Schaefer's Light beer. Those were the days!!!!! Junkyards had plenty of spare parts and they were cheap,too.Butyl tires were the hot ticket on slick tracks and fun was the name of the game. Nostalgia, you gotta love it.;);)
I wish I raced then!

man those were the days

speaking of strippers,,at b-ville the fair had strippers,yup ,good old uptight b-ville had a stripper tent right on the midway,,i could tell ya some stories but this is a family site

Great post and pretty cool memories!! I remember seeing Lou Thery work his majic in an unlimited modified on alky. T shirt....blue jeans.....no gloves. Open face helmet and a chit eatin grin. Guy was a true hard butt driver.

chim chim can not answer at this time he is at PT's waiting for them to open the doors again. I think his excuse this time is he forgot his sunglasses in there.
Lol. Good excuse. Ill remember that one...uh i mean......i dont go there but if i did.........lol

I saw Jim Leka at B-Town in the 80's wearing a 1-piece drivers suit and 6-inch leather work boots. :0

ATTENTION on craigslist... a stripper pole with instructional video...$200. Poplar Bluff Mo. Someone buy it and take it to the track!

Back