All DR People ....

Do you all have any thoughts on the ministocks group..... Seems DRR will be the place to race on Fridays... What is in you all minds right now ????? LD

I would like to hear from some of the officials.. I know some do read the board... Kenny Harris... speak up ! OTHERS ??????

All
I do monitor what is said on this board but don't post on here very often and only when I believe it it important to do so. Bobby had a good class of cars at DDR last year and we all had a good time there. Even when Wolf and Shannon came out and beat us. And I'll say I do like racing with both of those guys. They bring alot of competition to the track. I am really glad to hear that Kenny Harris and Gary Cruse will be the tech inspectors, both fair and knowledgable about the rules,class they know the rules and will actually have a copy with them when questions arise. I believe after afew of the I-55 cars and trucks coming to DDR and competing that alot more would like to with a couple of changes. That comes to my suggestions. First Bobby's rules are good, But the one thing I think would help is that all engine parts must be stock, i.e must have OEM part numbers, no after market racing parts such as, intakes , heads, cam gears, etc. I know I gave up my intake when I left the RAMS and went to DDR. Also I believe if we gave up the 8 inch racing tires and went to a minimum 8 inch DOT tires it would put alot of racing back into the class and cut cost, also I believe you could draw a number of the I-55 ministocks on friday nights because they wouldn't have the exspense of buying racing tires just to race at DDR. Just my thoughts but I believe it would beneifit all. Also if the 2005 rules were out a number of others could start building and peparing for next season, I've had 2 people that I am going to help with ministocks, but we can't start until we know exactly what the rules will be for 2005.
Keith Buckley

Kieth, Thank you for posting your thoughts, ideas and questions..... It is good to hear from you ! The only changes that were made for the 2005 season from Bobby were. The doorplate is manditory and the 1 inch lugnuts are optional ... Everything else stay the same.. PLEASE. dont hold me to this. If i am mistaken maybe someone will speak up. So, there is not but a couple changes for 2005. And there is also some changes he will be making for 2006, the noses on the cars will change........ again, great to hear from you... LD

I agree the ministocks should be stock with only saftey features added.
I do not belive DOT tires the cure.

Question?
Why does it appear to me that some of the poeple who pushed for aftermarket items such as intakes and engine parts in the RAMS now are totaly against it?

Remember that UNLIMITED SERVICES stocks the 1" lug nuts to go right on the metric studs, plus many more ministock and race parts.

AL HAMMOND
UNLIMITED SERVICES
573-358-2847

I am building a ministock for next year and with all of this contriversy giong on I am skeptical on what to do or not, I dont want to have to do everything twice, that would really p me off . If any one figures out what is giong on please let me know before it gets to late to change what I have alwready gotton done!

Nightrider, go ahead and build your ministock. No matter what Doe Run will run ministocks and you don't have to be a RAMS member to race a ministock.
You live in Park Hills? Me too. What are you building?

All
After reading my post I felt like I didn't state something quite right and need to amend that. When I said I thought it was great to have Gary and Kenny as tech inspectors I was referring to ths joke of the RAMS inspections. Richie Standridge did an outstanding job at DDR last year just needs some help. Didn't mean to leave you out Richie.
Keith

In 2005 Garey and myself will be assisting Richie in trying to help with teching of all classes at DRR. All drivers/car owners need to go over to DRR rules and read ALL their class rules and know them. Build your car to the rules so you won't have any tech problems in 2005.The FUEL checks, restrictor plates,and cc rules (multis and dwarfs) will be some of the rules that will be checked more in 2005.Gray areas in the rules (as some say) had better be checked with a techman before you assume it to be legal.Better be safe than sorry.Good luck to ALL in 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The"Hustler"

Keith

Buckley Racing said:
All
After reading my post I felt like I didn't state something quite right and need to amend that. When I said I thought it was great to have Gary and Kenny as tech inspectors I was referring to ths joke of the RAMS inspections..
Keith
Any part of the inspection that you were not happy with?

I think that we are going to regret having an organizational class at DRR just for the simple fact that all the comotion that it brings with so I would just perfer that it just be just Drr I dont mind them coming to race with us as long as they MEET our RULES cause I do feel that there was a few cars out there that snow balled the tech guys last year. But that is water under the bridge but I do beleive that it will be different this year.

flamewarrior said:
I think that we are going to regret having an organizational class at DRR just for the simple fact that all the comotion that it brings with so I would just perfer that it just be just Drr I dont mind them coming to race with us as long as they MEET our RULES cause I do feel that there was a few cars out there that snow balled the tech guys last year. But that is water under the bridge but I do beleive that it will be different this year.
You are probably right.

Buckley Racing said:
All
I do monitor what is said on this board but don't post on here very often and only when I believe it it important to do so. Bobby had a good class of cars at DDR last year and we all had a good time there. Even when Wolf and Shannon came out and beat us. And I'll say I do like racing with both of those guys. They bring alot of competition to the track. I am really glad to hear that Kenny Harris and Gary Cruse will be the tech inspectors, both fair and knowledgable about the rules,class they know the rules and will actually have a copy with them when questions arise. I believe after afew of the I-55 cars and trucks coming to DDR and competing that alot more would like to with a couple of changes. That comes to my suggestions. First Bobby's rules are good, But the one thing I think would help is that all engine parts must be stock, i.e must have OEM part numbers, no after market racing parts such as, intakes , heads, cam gears, etc. I know I gave up my intake when I left the RAMS and went to DDR. Also I believe if we gave up the 8 inch racing tires and went to a minimum 8 inch DOT tires it would put alot of racing back into the class and cut cost, also I believe you could draw a number of the I-55 ministocks on friday nights because they wouldn't have the exspense of buying racing tires just to race at DDR. Just my thoughts but I believe it would beneifit all. Also if the 2005 rules were out a number of others could start building and peparing for next season, I've had 2 people that I am going to help with ministocks, but we can't start until we know exactly what the rules will be for 2005.
Keith Buckley

the problem with dot tire will they will tear the track up... thats one complaint they had when they first started traveling

Buckley Racing said:
All
After reading my post I felt like I didn't state something quite right and need to amend that. When I said I thought it was great to have Gary and Kenny as tech inspectors I was referring to ths joke of the RAMS inspections. Richie Standridge did an outstanding job at DDR last year just needs some help. Didn't mean to leave you out Richie.
Keith

ahhh keith another cheap shot...I'll just take the high road :)

flamewarrior said:

So what does that make me..Last year i ran the RAMS and Doe Run was my home track...hmm And I was within DRR rules but I guess no one had to question that since I was ssooo slow...well i mean i kept tearing my motor up. hehehe

I was bored so I figured I'd post something.. :D

Wheel21 said:
So what does that make me..Last year i ran the RAMS and Doe Run was my home track...hmm And I was within DRR rules but I guess no one had to question that since I was ssooo slow...well i mean i kept tearing my motor up. hehehe

I was bored so I figured I'd post something.. :D

well if you would have kept it simple silly!!!!! sometime less is more :eek: :eek: :eek:

yeah i know...build a good motor...get it to handle...then just out drive them...hehe

That ol truck ran pretty darn good those last 3 weeks with that worn out ol "Redbone" motor...

Back