all ministock drivers

Wolfman_5

if we had a meeting for rules would you guys come and join us for the whole discussion? ;)

alllllll.....

into one, we will all sit down and see what everyone has in mind and try to come up with one set of rules for the ministock class!!!!!! ;)

yes as wolf said... one class MINISTOCKS no more division... they are open to your guy's ideal's if you guys want to put them on the table.. I would like to see a set rules for MINISTOCKS to follow then you can race at ANY given track and be legal... I know this will not stop all the bicker about who's cheating but itwill give the guy's who just want to racemore options to figure out which track he like's the best...

I think it is a good idea to have one set of rules for the ministocks in this area that race at different tracks. There would be no one confused if they meet the requirements at different tracks.
But you have to have EVERY track promoter that runs ministocks ok with this idea of making the rules the same at their track before this meeting takes place or it is just a waste of time.
Has Bobby, Mel, and Terry been contacted about this? Are they ok with this?

I can only speak for fredericktown... terry has stated that the ministocks that race there are self goverened so all we have to do is let terry know of any changes and he'll be okay with them... well as long as we don't go back to DOT street tires :eek: as far as mel duck said he will be present for this meeting now all we have to do is get you guy's and BOBBY in there and the trio will be complete.... as far as new tracks taking us on as long as the MINISTOCKS have the rules in place they should accept us... plus it will make it easier for a track to add ministocks if you already have a standard set of rules....come on guys the time is right to get this done and watch this class grow!!!!

I talked to Bob last nite and he said the only changes for 2005 for the mini stocks are #1 manditory door plate #2 1" lug nuts optional in 2005, but manditory in 2006 #3 after market noses optional. He also said that the pit prices will be $25 next year with $2 of every pit pass to go to the drivers point fund and will have some 50/50 drawings for the fund also.He is working on a sponsor that will also contribute to the point funds.He has several differ ideas to try and get approx. $10,000 ( this is the goal he is shooting for) for the drivers point fund for 2005. Hopefully this will help you guys to get your cars and trucks ready for 2005. On the valve rule at DRR it states that they have to be stock valves,the rule MAY be changed to NO porting or NO polishing of the head,Trying to police valve sizes is a hard one to do. I will let you know about the head rule as soon as possible. Thank You The"Hustler"

everyone that.....

i have talked to tells me that not to make an atempt to talk to bobby untill jeff mills is out of the picture. jeff knows this and he wants to see us all join into one class called ministocks. hes stepping down as president so these talks can happen. this long time fewed between these two guys, has hurt all ministock racers in the area ( rams racers &doerun racers)in genral i'm speaking on behalf of the rams racers ( nomine for president) we would like for bobby to open up and talk to us so we can move on and all race as one group. our rules are not different by any means, that we all can't sit down and figure out one set of rules for all of us racers.it is not going to cost bobby any thing, just bring alot more cars into his raceway whitch gives him more money in his pocket. all of us rams racers are clean drivers when we get raced clean. we do not have any bad apples, maybe loose ones, but we do enjoy racing.this new system of points is really going to be interesting and would like to see doerun raceway be apart of it. it will give the ministock racers at doe run racway a chance to join in and run for the title without ever having to go to another track if you do'nt want too. we have sponsors that will join up and bring an exciting class of cars the respect it deserves its called a ministock. just asking if bobby would be willing to listen? thats all, thats all!!!! ;)

yeah anybody that wanted Jeff out of the picture are "prolly" having a party right now
he resigned... sold his car (not to me) so if jeff was the reason for not uniting this class.... there is NO reason now !!

I have a few question,#1 Where did the mini stock class begin at ? #2 Why was this class brought to this area ? The RAMS cars and trucks are not that far off from the DRR rules. The biggest thing that I have noticed between the 2 are that some of the RAMS vehicles handle alot better. The DRR guys are picking this up and starting to scale their cars now so they can and will be more competitive. I personally don't think DRR will change their rules to what the RAMS rules are. Bobby has changed a few rules for 2005 to try and allow better safety and alittle better competition to the guys. I personnally hope he leaves his rules as they are and not get them to where a person has to invest alot of money to be competitive. That is what this class was first brought to this area for and Bob has tried to stay with that in mind .Before I get dogged about the beginning of the mini stocks and knowing what it begain as, just remember that Steve Harris (my brother) saw this class of cars in Colorado and liked what they there to be. He talked with Bob and the mini stocks were born in our area to be an INEXPENSIVE type class so anyone could afford to have one. This class is like any other class , if a driver has the sponsors and is willing to over invest in the car for low pay, he is going to do it. I have one of them in my garage and we all do it. DRR had a car count of 18 on any given nite, so why would they want to change a bunch of rules. JMO The"Hustler"

harris69 said:
I have a few question,#1 Where did the mini stock class begin at ? #2 Why was this class brought to this area ? The RAMS cars and trucks are not that far off from the DRR rules. The biggest thing that I have noticed between the 2 are that some of the RAMS vehicles handle alot better. The DRR guys are picking this up and starting to scale their cars now so they can and will be more competitive. I personally don't think DRR will change their rules to what the RAMS rules are. Bobby has changed a few rules for 2005 to try and allow better safety and alittle better competition to the guys. I personnally hope he leaves his rules as they are and not get them to where a person has to invest alot of money to be competitive. That is what this class was first brought to this area for and Bob has tried to stay with that in mind .Before I get dogged about the beginning of the mini stocks and knowing what it begain as, just remember that Steve Harris (my brother) saw this class of cars in Colorado and liked what they there to be. He talked with Bob and the mini stocks were born in our area to be an INEXPENSIVE type class so anyone could afford to have one. This class is like any other class , if a driver has the sponsors and is willing to over invest in the car for low pay, he is going to do it. I have one of them in my garage and we all do it. DRR had a car count of 18 on any given nite, so why would they want to change a bunch of rules. JMO The"Hustler"

first kenny this is not a rams vrs doe run thread but your commets make it sound that way.

this thread is about doe run frederictown mcs and any other track joining in a universal set of rules...

lets draw out a picture here for everybody to see and understand....

this is for illistration purpose only

lets say doe run fredericktown and SFCR all have mini's

lets say no compramise can be made on rules at all
when the rock rain's out you will get 2 to 3 cars to go to doe run cause they met there rules... where if we all had the same rules you could get 10 or more which sound sound better for the promoter pocket book??

okay now lets revirse the sitution and doe run rains out
we may get a few car from drr but other will not come becuase we are allowed to do more to our motors and they fell they cannot compete who lose's out there promotor and the racers

which leads me to my 3 secerio what if (remeber this is my dream world) SFCR picks up mini's and use's a 3 rd set of rules totally differnt than DRR and the RAMS... then your going hto have DRR racers and RAMS wanting to change there home track rules because 90% of the ministocks love to race the big track at SFCR!!!

Now I was not a mini driver when the split came about
I don't care what happens then I JUST WANT TO RACE A MINI AT ANY TRACK AND BE WITHIN THE RULE AND COMPETITIVE... 90% of the drivers fell this way there is a die hard 10% that want the fuel the fire between Mini's let just race...

as far as if we got all the rules worked out and had 3 local tracks my race schedul would be the rock (my hometrack) and sfcr and then when rainouts I would come to drr....

the only two reason I'm in a MINI now is... they came to the rock and they are cheeper.... still got my purestreet to drive but these Mini's are more fun and you can really tweak them...

as far as the rule being differnt
mostrules that are in conflict whith each other was made in the made in the 2002 off season which would have been the rules for 2003 .... now last year we had to define some rule becuase people was reading more into the rules than there and we tried to take the confuison out....

Bottom line lets get one set of rules for this area so anybody can race any where and be in the rules and have a chance at winning!! is that to much to ask???? or at least dream about...

smurf

I am not trying to be a smart arse.. I am just posting what I have heard would happen. The rules do need to be the same, but as I said here are the changes for DRR. These are the rules for 2005. This BS of DRR vs the Rams is something that you RAMS guys keep bringing up, not a problem with DRR. They are mini stocks that have a car count of 15-18 ever Friday nite. I was trying to be polite about all this , but how many cars did The Rock have on Friday nites. The problem you have is not with DRR and The RAMS its with me. I don't know what I ever done to you but I AM TIRED OF YOUR BS AND MOUTHING ME !!!!! We need to take care of this somewhere besides on this board. Besides DRR has a good car count and just maybe you guys need to look into their rules to gain car count !!!!!!!!!!!! The"Hustler"

you know if I had a problem with somebody I would tell them. and kenny your not the problem.... the simple facts lets get one set of rules and lets go racing the whole subject was brought up will all the key players come to a meeting for this??? and now look at this thread! sometimes we are our own worse ennimies.. for the record we had a good car count UNTILL the infamous turn 4 accident which then they dropped of to about 10 a night sometimes 8 but at the end we added a few newbie that voweld to back next year (one said he was building 2 cars)

and as far as us star the who vrs who it is clearly plan to see when a DRR person comes to a meeting and say" as long as (named removed) has is not president and has nothing to do with the rams they will join I have about 10 guys that will join" now kenny doesn't that sound like a conflict still going on?

Huh?

What infamous turn 4 incident? CRASHES happen...........plain and simple. Fix your car and get back out there!!!!!! However, I do see the difference in car counts at The Rock and DRR. There were several nights that I was at The Rock and they didn't have but 5 or 6 RAMS. Why is that? Everytime I was at DRR they had a full field of mini stocks. Why is that? If you guys want to sit down and establish one set of rules, more power to ya, but the facts are still the same...some will race at The Rock, but the majority will remain at DRR. The one thing that makes these two tracks rivals is simple.......they both race on FRIDAY nights. MOST drivers pick a home track and race there week in and week out. Also, when one track rains out, the other usually does (but not always). The way I see it, one set of rules may be a good thing, but it may not solve ANY of the problems. Like I said, I think guys are gonna race the same track each week anyway, so will it really raise car counts all that much?

Plus, consider this...............I have heard that some of the guys who raced at The Rock last year (majority of the time), will switch to DRR this year if the rules are the same. Why is that????? Maybe because they prefer to have a FULL car count. Either way......GROW UP and be MEN!!!! Arguing like a bunch of little kids has gotten you NOWHERE the past few years and will continue to do the same. Man, I wish racing would get back to the way it was in the good ol' days.

ahh faithful there was a big blow up about that crash (done and over) that with some of the great calls made the car count go down... yes some wil pick the rock some will run DRR then if you get mad at your local track you can run somewhere else:) I really don't know why I even got into this discussion MY car I'll be able to run ANY WHERE now the old 75 I couldn't cause of 3 things so I shouldn't be concerend with this but it would be nice one set of rules...

Doe Run guys, I have spoken my piece on what changes Bobby said he is going to do for next year. I just don't want to see your great class of cars get out of hand. I wiil leave it up to you guys to try and get Bob to open up or leave the class as it is,which I am almost possitive he will not budge on the rules. It is up to the mini stock class of DRR now to speak their own piece. I will probably still agree or disagree. The"Hustler"

SMURFBLUE3 said:
ahh faithful there was a big blow up about that crash (done and over) that with some of the great calls made the car count go down... yes some wil pick the rock some will run DRR then if you get mad at your local track you can run somewhere else:) I really don't know why I even got into this discussion MY car I'll be able to run ANY WHERE now the old 75 I couldn't cause of 3 things so I shouldn't be concerend with this but it would be nice one set of rules...
As in bad calls by officials at The Rock????? NEVER!!!!!!!:D

Rules

Who needs rules when you can pay a guy bounty money. J/k Well this is my feelings about these rules there is always someone bending the rules. So why even have rules if you aint going to stick to them? I beleive if we could get the class to stick to the more stock variation of the rules we would have more car count. We all dont have $3,500.00 to put into a 4 cylinder motor if I was going to do that I would race a mod 4, modified, or dwarf. There is 1 more reason for this 1 set rule book so that you can start a class sanction so it can run the hole class down the drain well I dont want any part of it. THis is just my opion if you feel froggy about this post on but I dont think you will get it done.

flamewarrior said:
We all dont have $3,500.00 to put into a 4 cylinder motor if I was going to do that I would race a mod 4, modified, or dwarf.

There is 1 more reason for this 1 set rule book so that you can start a class sanction so it can run the hole class down the drain well I dont want any part of it. THis is just my opion if you feel froggy about this post on but I dont think you will get it done.
thats the last thing I want ot see is this class go down the drain... then I would have to drive a stinking chevy purestreet and spend $3500 in a motor just to be a mid packer :eek: :eek:

Back