All Stars

sprint fan32

÷(`[¤*ÐërËK ËvÄñS*¤]´)÷
are they going to have a
rain date for the race or what?

Then why does it say that they will reschedule race
for later in the season on hoseheads?

From hoseheads.com front page....

All Stars)Rain cancelled Saturday night's Haulmark All Star sprint car program scheduled for St. Francois Co. Speedway in Farmington. The event will be made up later in the season. The All Stars return to action tomorrow night Sunday June 13 at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, IN.6/12

Questions

For an answer on this question you may contact Cory, the track owner and get his answer to wether or not they will reschedule. 438-4546 Thats easy.. hehehehehe LeaDonna :rolleyes:

If you'll notice you'll see I didn't say, NO... I said I don't believe they will. That is because of available dates and existing schedules. Besides that, who cares what they said on "Hoseheads." LOL.... I swear as soon as I'm given the word from the powers that be I will pass it along one way or another.

I actually care what they say on hoseheads....they are prolly one of the MORE informative racing websites there is...they usually have the results posted within a matter of minutes, cant say that about anyone else!!! ;)

Oh Come On .......

There has not been a single week that has gone by where there were no results posted. Maybe i see it differently than you do dirtracefan21, but i, like many, just appreciate the fact that the track does post this, wether it be Sunday.. Monday or Tuesday ! I am still able to see what happened at the track as far as results go. So just be happy and appreciative and stop being so negative ! Givem Time ........ LeaDonna :)

Hobbiestocks, yea maybe you're right on the eventual postings, but that's Farmington. They only run once a week, so you have a little time before the next race. But the All Stars and others race more than just once a week so they have to be pretty quick on the news or they will get so far behind. And so that's why hoseheads is way more informative than anywhere else I have seen also. Mills I also care what they say on hoseheads because like dirtracefan21 said, they will have results within minutes of the checkered flag and are very, very and I mean very up to speed with reliable news from the horse's actual mouth. They don't post a phone # and say here, you call if you want to know. They know the fans want to know.

Yes ......

It could be very true that Hosehead may be more informative for you. By referring people to Cory with his phone # is just for you to get the exact answer you want to get. Some may not realize it but Cory has another job besides track owner. I KNOW that Jeff Mills does his VERY best to keep the racing community informed on things. And spends alot of time and phone calls to get the answers to the questions that are posted on here. So, all i am saying is.. that every one should just appreciate all the work that the race track owners and promoters do for the benefit of the fans. Thanks :) LeaDonna

no wonder Horsehead has there info up mins. after the checkered flag..THEY ARE BIGGER AND MORE TECHNICAL THAN FARMINGTON! gosh dang, appricate what the people around here are able to do..WE SALUTE YOU MILLS!

As a sometimes "contributor" of simple race reports to Hoseheads, I know that A. Holland usually doesn't update the page until 2 or 3:00 ET in the morning, so I don't know about the info going up "minutes" after the checkers. But the point is still valid.

You guys act like we live in the stoneage here around Farmington. Heck, I must be blessed cause I have color tv, electric, and running water.
The front page on hoseheads may not get updated until 2 AM, but the message board does and it is usually within minutes of the race end.
Jake, how "technical" do you need to be to report information back to the fans? Everybody seems to be on here at least once a day, Why? Because we all want new information. It is up to the promoters to provide that information.

Bigrightrear,

When I accused you of stealing the name "bigrightrear" off of Hosehead's forum awhile back you stated you've never been to or heard of the website Hoseheads. Now your telling us how good the site and message board is. HHHMMMMMM

wierd isn't it opnwhlmnd...lol..anyway now since you pointed something at..well you have to be pretty "technical" to report results within in mins. Also just beacause i am at farmington in the pits sat. i could come back here and put the results on here of the mods,sprints,sprotsmen,and multis but they're not offical...cause sometimes things happen in the pits that "Race fans" in the Grandstands know nothing about and you get pentalized and do not recive money and or points for that night and loss positions. Nothing against cory and the track cause he has already done Major changes but Farmington isn't "technical" enough to have the results mins. after the checkereds drop..maybe 2-3 hrs...MAYBE

Here's why I think it's so funny when somebody would say, "Why Hoseheads had those results on there almost instantly after the checkered flag flew." The information had to have come from a fan in the stands and NOT from the track because the track is not set up in a manner where that is even possible. And how many times do you see following a race where changes are actually made in the "official" order of finish than what you heard the PA announcer make at night's end. It happens all the time. Farmington scores by hand as does MOST TRACKS IN THIS REGION, so that always allows room for human error and changes due to DQ following the races. Hey, it's nice that there is a Hoseheads, but guess what, until you see it come from me it's not the official results. That's not bragging or boasting, I'm just telling you the facts. I work directly with Cory and Jill doing their PR work. This is the same job I performed for Larry and Gary since 1998. No, we might not be "lightning" fast, but we do the job as best we can to avoid all possible errors. But even then we are all human and mistakes can still be made. But I swear to you all we are all doing the best we can to make sure you get the information as quickly as possible and correct as possible.

For a quick fix following the races, dirttrackfans is working with me to provide you the basic final results. He does it fast and quick and is a reliable source of information. He's a great asset to me and to the track. And I don't think even Hoseheads beats him in getting the stuff here to the internet.

Opnwhldmnd

You got something stuck in your mouth?
never said i've never heard of or been to that most wonderful site. You were just accusing me of stealing the name from that site, which I didn't. Get over it. Regaurdless, hoseheads is still the most informative site around, period. Doesn't matter how they get the results. Mills, the track doesn't post the results, the sactioning body does. The guys have laptop computers right there at the track and post it after the race or in a hotel room.{scott hall, johnny gibson, etc.}
Jake, I understand where you're coming from but here's the deal. Everyone keeps saying it just not possible, not possible, can't do it, not possible......

It is possible......... If somebody wanted to do it.

oh i never said that it was impossible...i just said that farmington isn't "technical" enough to do it. because they WOULD have to have a computer in the tower. and they would also have to have some kind of mechanical device in the car AND in the track that relays the position back to the main computer...and personaly i think thats a bit to much money for local sprintcars..not that our locals aren't good enough to have it, its just to much money.

Back