Allied...Now is the time. Street Stocks at Pevely for '13?

Dave34

Lets not wait until the beginning of next season to make an announcement. What is the plan for determining if street stocks are running in 2013 at Pevely?

If you make it a concrete deal before December I believe you will give guys enough time to get cars ready.

Yes sir...you guys put on a heck of a show there!!! I hope they keep the class around like they said they would.

I hope it works out as well. One of the best classes to watch all year!

STREET STOCKS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
It's a damn shame that one of these guys that have street stock in their garage and race it and work on it all summer long did not get the win in the big money race!!!
These support classes work their butts off all year long to put on the great shows we enjoy. I sure wish one of the regulars could have taken the trophy and cash.

Apparently it don't matter who drives the 66 car and yes that car is local from ste.genevieve mo. It was totaled out last Saturday at granite and we rebuilt everything but the engine last week, if Jason would of been allowed in he would have been in it!

different driver but the result would have probably been the same car, or at least about a 50 % chance just saying that car has won over half the nights its finished good car . Prolly any of the ss regulars could have won in it, they sell ones just like it call brian if interested

And if they do run them at i55 you will see more mod guys in these cars so we can't wait to hear final decision cause fredricktown is also going to run allied type rules for pure stk in 2013!

All I know is...thank you Worley chassis for building great cars cause Jason has been the class of the field in that hot rod and thanks to rusty for putting on a hell of a show. My boy has been trying for a few years to get his picture done with Rusty and to see the sparkle in his eye all night as Rusty showed em how its done was great. Thanks again worley racecars and Rusty for a great night of racing.

I can see how this is gonna be a really tuff decision after seeing racing last saturday nite going past 2am, Sportsman and streetstocks are close to the same class, You put a LM body on the streetstocks that ran saturday nite and I wouldnt or couldnt tell much of a difference from sitting in the stands, Years ago Allied ran only Mods, Limited Sportsman and streetstocks and did very well and the stands were full. It would be easier for you sportsman and streetstock guys to get together and come up with a set of rules that would allow the merging of the 2 classes and increase the payout ....problem sovled and no one is there till 2 am, Ive always been partial to sportsman and streetstocks for over 25 years , The mods carry there own weight with the car counts being very good and the pro 4 guys bring it as well, Then you have to think about all the B-mod guys wanting to run to and imo that class could probly carry a 30 to 40 car count as well and it may make people mad in the end but Ray and Allied as well as Kevin,Tammy have there hands full at making the choices in what cars to run and when to run them...

Tim they had 186 cars so the 2am is gonna happen...as for merging the sportsmans and street stocks hell with that !!! They are far from being the same. I could tell the difference in one if they tried that from the stands Jmo. As for the mods carrying there own weight I bet they don't if the stands are empty. Idk start beating me up now I got big shoulders I can handle it lol

Lol just giving options there babe, streetstocks and sportsman always have been my favorites and I could sit there till 2 am every race nite : ), just saying that the streetstock guys ran so good saturday nite that you could of thrown em in with the sportsman and they probly would of done just fine, may of not won but would of done really well, I was just thinking of ways to get classes that bring 40 or more cars each week and a way to fit the B-mods in as well without the racing lasting till 2am...not for me but others, I have owned streetstocks back in the day,and we ran limited sportsman for years as well. 2 years ago i spent all winter with Jim and Lee putting him a sportman together, trust me there isnt much difference between the 2 classes that a good set of rules could merge the classes into something that i feel could grow into large car counts and make room for B-mods, economy racing would be my goal..this was just my oppinion and hope others post theres as well and dirtboy why wouldnt you want them to merge to make room for another economy class like the B-mods ? just askin : )

It's not that I don't want the b-mods to have a chance to race around here Tim. I know they get a good count where ever they are ! I love watch these guys that have street stock and they don't wanna run with them sportsmans. I know your saying rules could line em out but these guys are the best of the best just the way they are. Plus the cars that showed up was a whole field of the fastest cars we have in the area. I wanna see these guys racing for $250 plus everyweek and the count will go up nicely cause they deserve it...Jmo but merging them two classes would ruin it for a lot of people and I don't even like to hear that idea brought up man !!!

no merge, the class is perfect, if anything the sportsman can change to SS............jmo

Dont see that happening when the sportsman already have a racing time slot at I-55... Back in the late 80's early 90's i wanted our street stocks to be super street stocks.And I feel Allied done a perfect job at getting that dream fullfilled and one could say it was like merging the Limited sportsman and street stock into what now is called the sportsman or my version of a super street stock..
Like i said im not here to make anyone mad just making a point that its time that everyone has gotta understand Donnie at BC,Ray and Allied AT i-55, Kevin and Tammy at TC has some tuff decisions to make about adding or subracting classes to meet a reasonable time frame for a show. And most importantly to make things easier for them to decide there gonna need all the positive feedback and cool heads from the people that make there paychecks...there bosses " the fans and racers"

I'll be done if they combine them. I moved from the sportsman to SS to cut expenses. It's a pretty big difference. Especially with tire costs.

I'll be done if they combine them. I moved from the sportsman to SS to cut expenses. It's a pretty big difference. Especially with tire costs.
Watts you though on engin cost between SS & sportsman? I my self would like to see Midwest Mods for a economical class. do like the SS as a class.

Back