Amantea Eyeing Successful Run During National Open at Linda's Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - ORANGEVILLE, Pa. (Oct. 17, 2018) - Joey Amantea is heading into a marquee micro sprint event this weekend when he ventures to Linda's Speedway.

The bullring in Jonestown, Pa., hosts the 29th annual National Open on Friday and Saturday. Time trials and heat races will be held on Friday before the feature races on Saturday.

45d5ce88-d9da-4370-8578-6c1a936b1312.jpg
"I'm excited for this weekend," Amantea said. "I think we have two seconds and four thirds at Linda's Speedway with the rest of our finishes in the top 10 since we had a DNF in our first race of the season there."

That confidence was bolstered last Friday when Amantea had a fast race car at Greenwood Valley Action Tracks, where he faced more than 50 other competitors during a non-wing micro sprint competition.

Amantea maneuvered from seventh to a second-place finish in his heat race, which earned a spot into the feature redraw.

"I got up to third because other cars wrecked so I only had to pass two cars to take the lead," he said. "One driver got by so we finished second, which was good enough to make the redraw. The top two in each heat made the redraw and I was the last person to draw so I got the number that was left."

Amantea pulled the No. 10 to line up on the outside of the fifth row for the main event.

"After the first couple of laps I was 11th, but I got around four cars," he said. "Five laps later I was passing a guy and he spun. The only way to turn was right and the wall was there and it broke the rear end. If I hit him straight on it would have been with the right rear and we would have flipped so I figured it was smarter to go toward the wall."

Amantea was unable to finish after being caught up in the 10-car pileup.

"That track only runs one wingless show a year, but next season they'll run all wingless," he said. "It's great to know we'll be competitive there next season. I look at it as a good day, but it's not how we wanted to end the year there."

Amantea, who has one win this season, is down to his final two weeks of the season. After the event this weekend at Linda's Speedway he will have one race remaining before tearing his cars apart in preparation for the Tulsa Shootout this winter.

QUICK RESULTS -

Oct. 12 - Greenwood Valley Action Tracks in Orangeville, Pa. - Heat race: 2 (7); Feature: DNF (10).

UP NEXT -

Friday and Saturday at Linda's Speedway in Jonestown, Pa., for the 29 th annual National Open

MEDIA LINKS -

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joeyamantearacing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - JPA Masonry

JPA Masonry, which is located in Mt. Pocono, Pa., is a trusted and experienced masonry leader in the Poconos. Although established in 2001, contractor and owner, Joseph P. Amantea (JPA), has almost 20 years of experience in the masonry field, including custom stone and design. For more information, visit http://www.JPAMasonry.com.

"JPA Masonry drives our race team," Amantea said. "Without their support I wouldn't be able to race. I'm very appreciative of all they do for me."

Amantea would also like to thank Amantea Real Estate, Hyper Racing, Jet Signs, Radical Race Gear, Pensyl Enterprises and Gilroy Northeast Inc. Excavating and Construction for their continued support.

Back