amazing crash footage!!!!!

OMG!! That was horrible..wow. And were was the rescue people..man. That dude was lucky. Thanks for the link

I thought the same thing t.nie. I didn't ever see that guy get out. The guy that got out was the first car that wrecked. Anybody have any more info on this wreck? That was terrible.

I don't really now anything else about the wreck but a agree I don't think the guy in the Ferrari could have made it. It was his fuel cell that bursted . They are mounted in the front.
Dean,What the heck is a sick queballheaded wonder ?

Ahh ,you think this is Joe Bilyk . I,m the good looking Joe on Kyles team Joe Hajek.I,ll be sure to pass it on to Buddha for you.

josephh said:
It should have been that fog was thick!

Looks they don't believe in red flags over there. :rolleyes:

Watching the clip again, it almost looks to me like the throttle might have stuck on the Ferrari before it hit the first car.

Looked to me like it was a wet race, the field was lined up for the start, they drop the green flag (which they don't actually do, they just turn on a green light, or turn off a red one, something to that effect), everyone at the front nails it and takes off, some in mid pack don't see it because of the spray thrown up by all the front runners, the porsche guy hits the car in front of him cause he can't see cars in front of him (but he does know the race is on, he is accelerating down the front straight when he hits the car in front) he rips off the right front and spins against the wall, the guy in the flagstand starts waving the yellow, the guy in the red car spots slower cars in front of him as he is accelerating down the front straight and to avoid rearending them, he turns left off the track, it's wet, he doesn't see the car sitting in the grass and wham, he is a fireball.

That's my take on it. They should have never been letting them start when that much spray is getting thrown up, it is a recipe for disaster. They won't start F1 races under those conditions these days, just because of those kinds of crashes.

Can you imagine what must have been going thru the mind of the third driver who dodged the burning Ferrari to the right?

And how lucky are the flagmen that the fireball happened just a little up track from them and not right under the flagstand?

I just hope that the impact knocked the Ferarri driver unconcious before he burned up. :(

Underneath the video, there is a "view comments" button. Some people said that the driver died but someone posted a link to a news article that said he lived and got a 90 million yen settlement. Apparently he was in the burning car for almost 90 seconds before he was pulled from the wreckage. Pretty scary stuff.

holly molly that was a bad deal there. we can only hope that everyone made it out with thier life. even if they were burnt or bruzzed or cut they were lucky to still be here

A great example why NASCAR won't drive in the rain. How can something like that happen under a caution? Because if it was getting ready to go green the flag men on the stand were sure relaxed and didn't appear too concerned that a race might break out soon. Are there no spotters in that type of racing?? I guess with fog and rain it wouldn't do much good. What a terrible accident. Be sure to watch this before you finish building those firewalls on your cars!

Rod

Back