Amazing Stats........correct me if I'm wrong

Eileen

I started running some UMP numbers on the top 25 Late Model and Modified competitors in the final 2004 points from the St. Louis area (my definition of St. Louis is anything within 100 miles of the Arch). I'd like for those of you who read this message thread to double check my information. If there is something to add, correct, or delete please me know. Thank you!

Late Models.....

15 of the top 25 in points are St. Louis area competitors......

1. Rodney Melvin............2829
2. Mark Faust................2703
3. Frankie Martin............2640
4. Ed Dixon...................2453
5. Bryan Collins..............2203
6. Chad Zobrist..............2152
8. Randy Korte...............1975
13. Rick Salter...............1737
14. Mike Hammerle.........1735
15. Mark Voight.............1730
16. John Seets..............1696
17. Rick Standridge........1659
18. Matt Taylor.............1635
23. Tony Boyles............1333
25. Billy Faust...............1323

There were 308 features with the "local boys" winning 133.

There were 13 drivers who won 10 or more features (or double digit features). Seven of those 13 were also "local boys".

You have........(listed by number of feature wins.......the number before their name indicates where they finished in points).......those in parentheses are not "local".

1. Rodney Melvin...............25
(12. Don O'Neal had 18 wins)
4. Ed Dixon......................16
(7. Dennis Erb, Jr. had 15 wins)
3. Frankie Martin...............14
8. Randy Korte..................13
2. Mark Faust....................11 (tie)
(20. Tony Albright and 24. Randle Sweeney also won 11)
5. Bryan Collins.................10
6. Chad Zobrist.................10
(26. Shannon Babb and 32. Terry English also won 10)

I'm lost on what chassis and engine manufacturers fit my definition of local (100 miles of the Arch).

Under chassis I recognize Hammerle.

Under engines I think these might be local
Melvin
Belleville (which I assume is Mark Schaefer)
Voigt & Landsford
SCP
Sellars
Hovis

Did I miss any?

Also......IF any of the 15 Late Model drivers listed would be willing to share the info........I'm curious how many nights you ran in 2004 with UMP.

Now on to the Modifieds.............

There were 10 "local boys" in the top 25 in Modified points in 2004.

1. Mike Harrison..................1431
2. Jeff Leka........................1427
4. Rusty Griffaw..................1413
5. Matt Mevert...................1391
8. Bobby Bittle....................1308
12. Dean Hoffman................1283
15. Brent Mullins.................1252
18. Marty Smith, Jr..............1243
23. Brian Dively...................1165 (tie)
23. Bobby Martintoni............1165 (tie)

There were 791 features with the "local boys" winning 149.

There were 23 drivers who won 10 or more features (or double digit features). Eleven of those 23 were also "local boys".

You have........(listed by number of feature wins.......the number before their name indicates where they finished in points)).......those in parentheses are not "local".

2. Jeff Leka..................28
(13. Denny Schwartz also won 28)
1. Mike Harrison............27
(6. Michael Asberry won 20)
(3. Chad Kinder won 19)
4. Rusty Griffaw...........18
28. Scott Weber...........17
5. Matt Mevert.............16
(20. Dan Hamstra won 14)
8. Bobby Bittle..............13
(29. Scott Lenz, 25. Tony Roland, 17. Danny Schwantz and 10. J. Westerfield also won 13)
12. Dean Hoffman..........12
(21. Gary Cook, Jr., 9. Lee Hobbs, and 41. Troy Taylor also won 12)
(7. Brian Shaw won 11)
15. Brent Mullins............10
18. Marty Smith, Jr.........10
(19. Clayton Miller and 14. Randle Sweeney also won 10)

I'm lost on what chassis and engine manufacturers fit my definition of local (100 miles of the Arch).

Under chassis I recognize
Impressive
Nullinsky
Hoffman

Under engines I think these might be local
Hovis
SCP

Did I miss any?

Also......IF any of the 10 Modified drivers listed would be willing to share the info........I'm curious how many nights you ran in 2004 with UMP.

I'd like to know the 15 Late Model and 10 Modified drivers listed hometowns. If I missed someone then I'd need their hometown too.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Finally......I'm merely double checking my facts here and I'm not trying to start controversy of any kind. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS MESSAGE THREAD TO START ANY CONTROVERSY. I believe the accomplishments of these 25 drivers deserve some recognition and I am wanting ACCURATE facts.

those are some strong stats... as far as more information on modified guys and nights run ect... Rusty Griffaws stats can be obtained by visiting his website at www.rustygriffaw.com

hope this helps you some!

Thank you!

I've checked out Rusty's website........loads of great information. Just what I needed.

Congratulations Rusty on a fantastic 2004. I hope 2005 is even better!

Oops.......I caught one error.......

I totaled the number of feature wins only for those in the top 25 in points for each class.........and NOT the total number of wins for all area competitors regardless of where they finished in points.

Since I don't know all of the feature winning drivers that are local I'll need help in refiguring how many features were won by local racers in both classes.

Here's the additional names from the Late Models I recognize as local.
Justin Allgaier........1 win
Vince Grondzki......1
Aaron Kleine.........1
Brent Kreke..........1
Mark Oller............1
Randy Sellars.......2
Rick Standridge....3

Here's the additional names from the Modifieds I recognize as local.
Jim Leka.............5 wins
Steve Myers........2 (is he local?)
Shawn Rayfield.....1
Jim Shereck.........8
Scott Sugg..........1
Ray Walsh...........6
Scott Weber........17

My apologies for my error.

Let me know if you find any other errors. Thanks!

This is why I'm double checking the numbers.

There were 13 different feature winners at Belle Clair alone and you don't have them all listed. John Landsford won there and was the UMP Rookie of the year. Add Hammerle with two, Kenny Helmick, Brian Shirley at I-55, Clay Baumann with two at I-55 and these were his first features of his career.

as far engine builders go! I beleive Dean Hoffman is LZR racing engines! I may be wrong! not sure!

Yes. He is from Marine and works for Mark Voigt. He raced at Belle Clair, I-55 and Montgomery County this past year.

Actually the Hoffman chassis is located in Oronogo, MO. I'm not sure of any local drivers running that chassis but I may be wrong.

Extreme.......

I'm using the numbers/names from the UMP final points on their website for both classes.

They don't list Beilong under feature winners in the Modifieds.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the info.

Hey Eileen, for the Late Models engine builders you missed Creason Race Engines (Troy, MO)

... And in the Modified Chassis ya missed Gladiator (O'Fallon, MO.)

I spotted more that I’m thinkin’ you missed in both counts but I don’t want to misspeak. Looks like the St. Louis area racers have enough to brag about without “stretching” the story any! :D

Mike Francis runs a Hoffman race car...but he usually runs under IMCA rules.

LZR Motors is local...Belleville.

Cars-n-Guitars......

Once I get a few more corrections (because I assume there are more) to the feature win list I'll recalculate the local feature wins. Then you can double check that.

Everyone is welcome to point out the names I've missed.

Thanks!

Several drivers have won features in 2004, but don't show up on the UMP Final points listing. The reason for that is that several drivers did not join UMP in time or did not join period so they did not get credit by UMP. The track where they will still credit them for the win, but not UMP.
UMP changed this last year and drivers had to join UMP by a date or not get credit for UMP points, wins, or engine and chassis wins. If you run a UMP track, you should consider joining UMP for National credit.

Back