AMK9 Poll about track prep during the nights events?

Track prep during the nights events?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DIRTCHAMP77

Do you like the track being "worked" during the nights events?

1) From a fans point of view yes or no?

2) Drivers point of view yes or no?

As a driver, i would rather see the track be left alone. We know what to expect as the night goes along and can set the car up for the track condition. I think it would make for better racing knowing what the track will be like and have the set up to go with it. However, as a fan in the stands....I want to see the track racey with atleast two grooves so we can see side by side racing, passing, close door to door action. If that means the track needs to be worked on top to add a groove and even out the bottom, or vise versa!!! NO ONE wants to see a CHOO CHOO track with one lane, hammer down, or locked down no passing track except the leader!!! Belleville was kinda one groove around the top for the most part. JMO

Belleville was kinda one groove around the top for the most part. JMO

I agree with your post except this part. There was two lane racing in the LM feature for sure. The guy who won just happened to be very fast on the top.

I am OK with them working the track as long as there is sufficient notice given to the racers.

i as a driver would rather them not touch it, especially if the time is tight, last night the pro 4 cars did not get to run, maybe if they wouldnt have messed with track they could of made some laps, but the 45 min. mod feature didnt help anything either.

As a driver I voted no, as I think that it eliminates "those in the know" for track work vs. other teams scrambling to change set-ups because the tractors just hit the track.

@KREKE. Yeah that is why I said for the most part. I was in staging during the late model feature, plus my car was better on the bottom in the pure street. I wonder if schmitt could have passed voigt had he not broke?? How did those two compare? Also, fixing the track to smooth out holes is ok by most everyone I would think.

I think they need to leave the track alone unless it is rutting or getting holes during the heat races..Fix it then. After the heats, leave it alone or dig up both grooves. Otherwise you have a freshend high groove and a slicked off bottom like we did on Friday. The high groove was so much faster for Fridays Features that even Hammerle was running up there.

i as a driver would rather them not touch it, especially if the time is tight, last night the pro 4 cars did not get to run, maybe if they wouldnt have messed with track they could of made some laps, but the 45 min. mod feature didnt help anything either.
There was not a feature that took over 30 mins. The new Allied time limits on races this year is 15 min heats and 30 min features. The late model feature was 27min 49sec, mod feature was 26min 14sec.

As a fan I hate to see the tractors hit the track ,,unless its rutting up,,I think its OK to put water down when its too dusty,, But I think they should go back to getting all the cars out for track pack,,TCS doesn't do this they pack with their trucks,, alto of times when hot laps start it isn't packed good enough and starts rutting or its too wet to hot lap,,,jmo...

I don't care either way. Sometimes the track work plays in a drivers favor and sometimes it doesn't. We are all out there playing on the same surface. What makes a good dirt track driver is his ability to adapt to ever changing conditions, be it rubber on the track or the road-grader.

Us drivers tend to forget that we are there to put on a show for the fans, take care of the fans and you will be doing your part to take care of our sport.

If you think track prep during the show isn't needed,then why does Haubstadt do it so much? HMM? Have you ever seen a bad show there??????? :)

how can you even vote on this? every situation is different one call will tick half of you off and viscera.i think the answer is this if the promoter feels they need to work the track... then deal with it there trying to get fans in the stands and keep racing exciting much harder then to please us drivers...plus regardless of what the track does its the drivers and team to keep up with t!!!!you dont stand next to the guy who waters the track with a gun to his head and sayy wowww not so much.. just race and be happy we have good promoters and nice facilities to race

If your feature is first you have your car set up,then they take the tractor out and start tilling,your stuck because you don't have enough time to make the necessary changes so your night wa
s ruined by someone else's decision

Back