An end of an era: WOW what a ride!!!!!!

big mouth RN

Kathy Draege
Dirt track racing, is there anything better???
But with a HEAVY heart, this will be my final year @ Highland. It has been a great ride, love me or hate me, I have no regrets and have loved hollering at everyone every Sat. night over the past several years.LOL
I think I have always tried to be a fair and honest person, and if I got mad at you, you probably had it coming, but the next Sat. was a new day and no hard feelings {I hope}, also, I just wanted to congratulate ALL of the drivers for this racing season, you are ALL winners in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And to ALL of the track workers/officials, thanks for all of the hard work you do every week {and we seem to get brow beat for doing it, sometimes it doesn't make any sense}LOL, and most of all thanks for the memories.
Finally, to the fans, a BIG thanks for supporting the track and most importantly, supporting the drivers. You all will never know what it means to those guys/gals to have their own little cheering section, you really can hear a crowd roar over those loud engines, but you all know they can always hear my voice hollering at them over their loud engines.LOL

So in closing "Here's to an end of an era, and WOW what a great ride it has been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kathy Draege
Highland Pitsteward for 1 more week

Kathy..Lisa is right..You are a class act..

Sure wish we would have had time to meet..

I am sure we could exchange some pretty good stories..!!!! Maybe war stories but stories none the less.LMAO!!!!

Best to you in the future..Keep in touch with all of us..

Linda Schaefer

I will ditto what Lisa said - Kathy is a class act! She keeps the shows rolling, and the guys (and gals) on their feet! This is definitely Highland's loss. Good luck to you in the future, Kathy!

Amy & Tom Smallwood

Sad Sad Day

:eek: Kathy, you are the Best !!! Highland will never be the same with out you. :(

I could always count on you to keep things going and to get it right.

Kathy

Definitely a class act and one of the most dedicated workers I've ever seen.

Any track would be lucky to have you and and your support for sport, drivers and the fans.

Tri-City Speedway would welcome you anytime.

Tammy Gundaker
Tri-City Speedway

Kathy, it has been an honor working with you for the past seven years. You are a big reason why we get the Features in on time. You are a fair and honest person. That is why you are respected. You care about each driver that is in the pits each night. You consider each and every one of them a winner. That is why you are a winner in my book. Thanks, Sue Z

Kathy that is sad to hear you not gonna be there to run the show like you do...you are very well liked and know what your doing...its part of the comedy we can hear you sometimes from the stands lining the guys up...you always give it 110%...you will be missed by many.....at the track...

It would be awesome to have kathy at tri-city !!!!!!!!!!!! She is the heart of highland she is the show and ive sometimes catch myself watching her tell the drivers when where and how to do it that makes the races flow faster good luck on what you choose to do and may it be tri-city in the future

From 1 RN to another. It just must be in our nature to have the organizational gene. But, you definitely should get the "Pit Steward" of the YEAR award for all of your hard work and energy you put into the races. You also put in a lot of work before the BIG races and map out ahead of time who is coming with their Big Rigs and who isn't so you can map out ahead of time where you will fit everyone in the pits. I'm not sure how anyone will ever be able to fill your shoes. You went above and beyond your call of duty and put in the ole' 110% dedication to your part-time job in addition to your full-time RN job at BJC Hospital. What a woman you are.:) Kudos to you and the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Tracy (Dambacher) Green RN, BSN, IL-CSN

now who can be loud enough to get the drivers off their butts and get lined up in time to get the races in on time. GREAT JOB YOUR GONNA BE MISSED

Kathy,
i'm sorry to hear your leaving. It will definetly be different not hearing you... I would have to say... Your the only one who can get them to listen... Late mod's were always still late for hot laps... But hey i got use to that... Your are going to be missed.

I did hear rumor that highland might be closing at the gas station the other day. I surely hope that is not the reason your leaving. I would rather be told up front than all of the sudden that highland is closing.

Take care and remember your welcome back anytime.

Brenda melton
441 racing

This is sad! Highland Speedway will never be the same without you!! I loved watching you yell and scream out there for everyone. You always knew how to get the features in no matter what was going on. You were truely a class act. You will truely be missed. We've gone to several other tracks before and I always say, they need someone out here like Kathy to get the ball rolling here! Hope to see you around still. Thanks for all the great times.
Good luck in the future.
***Britt***

Did not see this coming, but Highland's pits will not be the same.

Whatever is causing you to leave must be better than you keeping the program rolling at Highalnd. Whatever it is good luck with it.

You have been 1/2 the program at Highland and I have enjoyed watching you keep the program moving and getting the cars on the track in a timely manner. I don't know what Highland will be like without you. Charley will be hurting trying to replace you.

Good luck in the future and hope to run into you in the future. Don't completely stay away for the race track.

kind-a natural that it took a woman to keep us mostly men drivers in line,with out your hard work some of us could not find our way on to the track,thanks for you dedication over the years..........lenny g.

I am glad to see Kathy go. It is ridiculous when she sometimes comes out on the front straight-away and starts her screaming and yelling and pointing with her clipboard BEFORE the race begins.
If you made the feature and start the front row--I do believe you know that already and do NOT need to be told (yelled/screamed) where to go on the track.
Very unprofessional.

I am glad to see Kathy go. It is ridiculous when she sometimes comes out on the front straight-away and starts her screaming and yelling and pointing with her clipboard BEFORE the race begins.
If you made the feature and start the front row--I do believe you know that already and do NOT need to be told (yelled/screamed) where to go on the track.
Very unprofessional.

Hey "NO WHINNING" sounds like that is exactly what you are doing. She wasn't going to just yell at you for no reason. She is what made them races move as quickly as they did. Obviously she is professional considering out of all these posts you are the only negative one.

Tom

Kathy I am sorry to hear you are leaving Highland, I only it make there a few times a year but always enjoyed saying hello and seeing you hard at work. I hope for whatever reason you are leaving, you will get to see Emily more and Shannon race more :) Good luck on your future endeavors.

To NO WHINNING - If you think you can do her job, it is now open, go for it. Kathy was the best!

Back