Andrews Battles Handling During All Stars Doubleheader at Attica

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - ATTICA, Ohio (Sept. 6, 2018) - For Chris Andrews and the Burmeister Racing team, last weekend's Attica Ambush with the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions at Attica Raceway Park seemed just a bit off - one spot to be precise.

It began on Friday when Andrews qualified fifth in his group - one spot away from starting on the front row of his heat race. Andrews still drove to a third-place finish, missing the dash and the possibility of a better A Main starting position by one spot once again. He rolled off 10 th in the feature, but pulled in with handling problems.

b07d04d1-c54d-46a5-b057-99d47e3384a5.jpg
On Saturday Andrews qualified third in his group and started on the outside of the front row in his heat race, but he slipped back to a fourth-place finish. He lined up 15th in the A Main and finished 17 th.

"The previous week we got caught up in a crash and the frame had to be repaired," he said. "The car just seemed a bit off this weekend and we couldn't catch a break either. My guys, Mikey (Sommers) and the Burmeister family worked their tails off."

Andrews, the 2017 Attica Raceway Park track champion, finished seventh in the 2018 championship standings. He will head to Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio, this Saturday for season championship night. Andrews has two wins on the year at Fremont Speedway and is currently third in points.

"I know the guys will go through the car to see if they can find what's going on," he said. "I can't wait to get back to Fremont. We've been good there all year, but it seems with the weather and the fair we haven't raced there much lately."

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 31 - Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio - Qualifying: 5; Heat race: 3 (5); Feature: 20 (10).

Sept. 1 - Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio - Qualifying: 3; Heat race: 4 (2); Feature: 17 (15).

SEASON STATS -

28 races, 2 wins, 6 top fives, 9 top 10s, 12 top 15s, 18 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Saturday at Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChrisAndrews19c

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chris.andrews.5059

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Channel Seeds

A Channel "Seedsman" is different because he's out there, walking your fields, checking in often, looking for the best way to help you get the most out of your conditions, keeping an eye on your challenges and staying on top of what's new. Which is why Channel Seed isn't just some company out to sell you seed. We're a seed company out to win you over with personal service, elite products and expert advice like no one else. That's what we call Seedsmanship.

What sets Channel Seed products apart is a direct connection to Monsanto, a company consistently recognized as a leader in seed and trait technology. Channel Seed germplasm is sourced globally, tested locally and then combined with the latest traits and treatments to ensure performance potential on your acres. For more information, visit http://www.Channel.com.

"It's been fun sharing the season with a new sponsor in Channel Seed and seeing how the company has taken to dirt track racing," Andrews said. "I want to thank them for coming on board and I hope they stay with us for years to come."

Andrews would also like to thank Kistler Racing Products, Kistler Engines, ML Graphics, DKW Transport, Edwards Agriculture, Channel Seeds, Lucas Oil, Dave Story Equipment Repair and Burmeister Trophy for their continued support.

Back