Animal class @ Bedrock

liquidqwik

Justin Anderson
After the Bedrock meeting Sunday, a few people were interested in starting an Animal medium/heavy class at Bedrock. It seems the Animal engine is becoming more popular so it seems like a good idea to implement a new class. There were some questions about total weight and the age the drivers had to be in order to run the class. From what I understand, Animal medium is 350 lbs and you must be 15 years old to race. At the meeting, most people wanted at least 360 lbs and a lower age limit. I'm just curious what everybody thinks???? Should Frank adjust the rules in order to get the class going, or leave them the same and hope for the best???

Justin

I think the weight is going to hurt the class. I know at 395 I'm already giving up 20 pounds in my own class. There's no way I'm buying an anamial and another chassis to race with three or four others knowing that I'm giving up 45 pounds.

I'm not sure about the age limit.

I dont think that the weight thing is that bad, cause when I would run the lite class with mediun weight it only made a difference from the green flag to turn 2 then it was set up! I hate to call him out but Ben was at 390+ and did well at the medium and heavy class last year. ;)

weight

the age we can"t change that is a wka rule, the weight i would like to see it somewhere between medium and heavy. that way the heavys can race and the mediums can add a chunk of weight.

I agree I don't think the weight is that big a deal. The guys are going to be up front if you have it 350 or 360. 10 pounds isn't going to make that big a difference. I am going to be running med. and heavy with the same kart.

I agree with you guys that 10lbs won't make a big difference, but what about the people that are a lot more than 10 lbs over. There were a few stock heavy drivers interested in the class but weigh in at 390 or 400. Now your talking about a 40 or 50 lb difference if the weight is 350 lbs. So technically, for those guys, adding 10 or 15 lbs to the rule would be a pretty big help. It's definitely more setup and tires than anything, but in order to get the class going we might want to give the heavier guys at least a 360 lb limit.

I hate to call him out but Ben was at 390+ and did well at the medium and heavy class last year. ;)

He doesn't have to worry about weight because of his huge natural talents and superior pit crew. Mortals like me need all the help we can get. :D

Alright Tobias you are not supposed to be drinking this early in the morning!:confused:

I say the weight rule should be 360lb also

For the record when you get that Icon you and Jackson can Teamup and put the hurt on me!

At least someone is seeing the light!!!!!!! :p The secret is in the tylenol rapid release gels and some of the pitcrew.:rolleyes:

The secret is having a good turnout in the Animal class. Whatever that may be.

Actually I thought the secret was Preparation H, applied by the smallest crew member. :eek:

Justin, you're on a roll today!!! Keep it up. This could get good today. :p :p

My vote is 360 on the weight rule.

Since I don't know the 1st thing about the animal motor, is there any weight difference between the animal and flat head? I would like to see the weight at 360 for the class.

Alright Tobias you are not supposed to be drinking this early in the morning!:confused:

For the record when you get that Icon you and Jackson can Teamup and put the hurt on me!

When I started drinking it wasn't this early in the morning....it was early evening, I think. :D

I just counted my buy a new ICON funds, only $2947.58 to go. :(

And here I thought we we're already team mates....:confused:

Hey Ben you told me it was driver fill which pit guy is it . I guess we will see whos CRACK your sniffen with that new kart (SARG) Any money on the side at DQ this weeken from you are your lap traffic pit crew:D

Wow is right....callin' out the whole crew like that. It looks like a good time in DQ this weekend.

Back