ANNETT EARNS 2nd CONSECUTIVE PODIUM FINISH

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
DES MOINES, IA (July 4, 2007) – Superstitions often run rampant in the pits of race tracks from the bad luck associated with everything from the color green and peanuts to the jinx of the sophomore season. TMC Racing’s Michael Annett has proved that the second year hex is nothing but a state of mind as he has continued to impress and excel in his second year of ASA Late Model Series competition. The former minor league hockey star’s 2007 season has notable highlights including a pair of podium finishes in the ASALMS and a SIM Factory Pole Award and third place finish in his ARCA RE/MAX Series debut.

“I can’t say enough about the efforts and dedication of the entire TMC Racing team,” Annett praised. “Their talents, hard work and perseverance are what drive this team because they continually provide a car that’s capable of winning and always work on whatever adjustments are needed to give me the best possible chance at winning.”

Annett’s TMC Transportation Ford Fusion team made a grand entrance for their Canadian debut at the historic Cayuga (OH) Speedway Park with a strong seventh place qualifying effort for the “Canada 200 Presented by Sicard Holiday Campers”.

“I have been to Canada before but I was always involved in the hockey scene so to cross that border and experience how enthusiastic Canadian race fans are was awesome,” noted Annett. “The facility at Cayuga was wonderful and they people were great hosts and really enjoyed having us all there. It would have been great to bring home a win but for our first time ever racing there, we had a performance that we can be proud of.”

The twenty-one year old Hawkeye native expertly navigated the Black & Chrome #12 towards the front of the pack and assumed the lead on lap 92 and maintained the pace for thirty-three laps before relinquishing it to eventual race winner Charlie Menard. As Annett struggled to maintain handling of his Ford Fusion, he managed to never fall out of the top three and earned his second consecutive podium finish in his Canadian debut.

“We were able to lead some laps and earn yet another consistently strong finish,” Annett added. “I just want to say thank you to my crew and especially Rich Lushes for jumping straight into the crew chief role and helping lead this team to the podium.”

Annett’s consistency has also bolstered his position in the ASA Late Model Series’ Challenge Division Championship Points Standings as he now is only 17 points out of fifth place. The hotly contested battle is only heating up as the events are notched off and Annett is only 74 points out of second place!

Michael Annett and the TMC Racing Team will return to action on Saturday, July 21, 2007, when the ASA Late Model Series’ Challenge Division visits the 0.416-mi progressively banked Motor Mile Speedway in Radford, VA, for the “Radfest/Race Against Drugs 200”.

Michael Annett’s #12 Ford Fusion carries sponsorship from TMC Transportation – The Leader in Open Freight Services, Allstate Peterbilt Group, Marmon Highway Technologies, Benson International, The Barnes Group Inc., Northland Motor Oils & Lubricants and Pilot Travel Centers. Log on to http://www.michaelannett.com for the latest news on Michael Annett and TMC Racing.

Back