Another NASCAR (Yawn) Nextel (Yawn) Race?

PitBoss

(Yawn) Well . . . I just was just woke up from another NASCAR Race(?) Yawn! What did I miss? (Yawn) Let's see . . . Greg Biffle was leading when I dozed off. (Yawn) Hhmmm . . . looks like Greg Biffle won. (Yawn) At least Jeff Gordon didn't win. (Yawn) Wonder what happened to Jeffie? (Yawn) Guess I'll read all about it in the morning paper. (Yawn)

Biffle was a lap down and came back to win the race and Gordon had motor problems.

It was a better race the the Daytona 500.

All these new cookie cutter tracks are snoozers. They need a couple more 1 1/2 mile D-shaped ovals. So that way they can get rid of a couple more tracks with long histories behind them. Such as Darlington, Martinsville. Get rid of them like they did Rockingham and North Wilkesboro.:confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

i dunno how you can say it was a boring race? I didnt know that 13 different leaders, with 24 lead changes was a boring race? I am a uge roush fan though, so with all 5 of themrunning in the top ten most of the day made it exciting! For hendrick it was just a horrible day jimmy johnson, and kyle busch were the only 2 hendrick powered cars to finish! great job by biffle, and the whole roush stable! 4 out of the 5 top spots in points isnt a bad way to start the season!

there were alot of green flag lead changes, i watched the whole race. I will admit there are alot of caution lead changes usually, but most of the lead changes today were under green:
kyle busch
brian vickers
kurt busch
greg biffle
carl edwards
kevin harvick
mark martin
matt kenseth
joe nemecheck
and jimmy johnson (i think) all led multiple times for multiple laps under the green flag.

JACK said:
All these new cookie cutter tracks are snoozers. They need a couple more 1 1/2 mile D-shaped ovals. So that way they can get rid of a couple more tracks with long histories behind them. Such as Darlington, Martinsville. Get rid of them like they did Rockingham and North Wilkesboro.:confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

Get rid of Martinsville and Darlington are you nutz those are one of the best tracks on the schedule. If you want to get rid of anything get rid of all the 1 1/2 and 2 mile track and replace them with more short tracks. Another good track was North Wilkesboro have you even seen video clips there driving down into the dirt around the corners.

Nobody is making you watch. If it's so boring do something else. I think some people are always looking for reasond to complain

superchicken said:
Nobody is making you watch. If it's so boring do something else. I think some people are always looking for reasond to complain

I didnt say i didnt like it Im saying there are ways to make it much more exiting like puting the on dirt for example.

Walters Racing said:
Get rid of Martinsville and Darlington are you nutz those are one of the best tracks on the schedule. If you want to get rid of anything get rid of all the 1 1/2 and 2 mile track and replace them with more short tracks. Another good track was North Wilkesboro have you even seen video clips there driving down into the dirt around the corners.

SHANE, CAN'T YOU TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS BEING SARCASTIC WHEN YOU READ IT?:D

DAYTONA, TALLADEGA, BRISTOL, MARTINSVILLE, DARLINGTON, CHARLOTTE, ATLANTA, TEXAS, RICHMOND AND HOMESTEAD NOW THAT THEY REDONE THE PLACE IS ABOUT ALL THE RACES I REALLY WATCH.

BUT, LIKE JACK SAID, I DO THINK NASCAR'S GREED FOR THE DOLLAR WILL SPELL THE END FOR ANOTHER TRACK OR TWO IN THE NEAR FUTURE. GETTING INTO THE BIG MONEY MARKETS LIKE THE NEW YORK CITY AREA TRACK THEY HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT WILL DO IT.

Cookie cutter cars with cookie cutter engines on cookie cutter tracks driven by guys with all their personality beaten out of them.

Yep, NASCAR is now the equivilant of a 'turkey and swiss cheese on white with mayo'. A BLANDwich. It wont be long before they will be able to re-run races on tv and nobody will notice. C'mon already. When the biggest buzz you hear about a race is the fact that Jeff Gordons drivers side door number was slanted the wrong way, something is sure as hell wrong.

I bet Brian France is SOOOOO proud of himself

Tim

{extended rant}

BTW, Whats up with putting the winners circle in a corner? Could any of the paying fans in the seats even SEE the winners circle? Did they have to move any dumpsters out of the way so Biffle could get in?

Enough already! everyone has their own opinions, but the facts stand for themselves. Nascar racing gets the best ratings, and is the most popular sport in the country right now! If you dont like it, or what is going on, then dont watch it i guess. You people are all supposed to be race fans, but all everyone seems to want to do is complain!! jmo

im with de 03 i think it would be funny to see 1/2 millon dollar cars on dirt lol ~crunch~
i think that like the xtream late mod series and the ..... mods should get just as much tv time at those asphalt ppl after all a.s.a stands for asphalt ****s a**. lol it wouldnt be that bad but like speed is all nextel cup crap yawn. they got rid of dirt. they should have coverage of all big dirt races. i have to admit that im hooked on the lil tracks (martinsville. bristol)

Real Nascar fans enjoyed it. Those who don't like, don't watch. Just like every race, there was side by side action, passing, lead changes, drama, a winner and many losers. That's racing isn't it? If it's boring to you quit complaining and find a new hobby.

Rod

I really dont see how you could say that the race was boring. First of all the average age across the front row was 20 years old, second Biffle actually came back from a lap down. Plus it was nice to see some diffrent drivers in the front.It was also nice to see Edwards up in the front for the second week in a row. I would have to say that the only thing that could have been better is if there would have been one more lap for Johnson to give Biffle a challenge. Biffle was dominate, but you could tell the rubber on his GoodYears were wearing down.

Back