Another Senseless Tragedy

SamIam67

"Greetings & Salutations"
What have we come to? As I grow older and hopefully wiser I've learned to just let people in and be patient when leaving a big event. Last week at Lakeside Speedway in north Kansas City there was a traffic incident that turned into a murder with impending investigation and charges. Who knows how this will effect racing in the KC area. I've been to Lakeside for a couple big events and it is one nice place. This poor family must be going through hell right now.

Manslaughter charges filed

A Missouri man has been charged with voluntary manslaughter in connection with the death of a man at Lakeside Speedway this weekend.

Robert Moore Sr., 51, Savannah, Mo., is being held in the Wyandotte County jail on $250,000 bond.

The following is from the Kansas City Kansan.

On Friday afternoon, Kansas City, Kan., police officers reported they responded to Lakeside Speedway, 5615 Wolcott Drive, answering a call about a disturbance in the parking lot. The victim, John Eckberg, 31 years old, Grandview, Mo., tried to stop traffic that was leaving the speedway when the victim was struck by a truck driven by the suspect. Eckberg approached the truck. The driver of the truck, Moore Sr., got out of his vehicle and struck Eckberg on the head with a metal flashlight. Eckberg fell and was taken to an area hospital via Life Flight. Eckberg's condition was initially described as "very critical." However, on Saturday at approximately 4 p.m., the victim succumbed to his injuries and died. The suspect was initially charged with aggravated battery, but the charges were upgraded to voluntary manslaughter.

Back