answer the questions and explain why

dirt hound

1. Softening the right front spring helps the racecar to turn when on the gas because the softer
spring causes extra chassis roll that increases the load and traction of the right front tire.

a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

2. A tall coil spring helps to keep the chassis from lifting off the spring during weight transferbecause a tall spring stores more energy than a short spring.

3. The most important factor in the geometry of a front suspension is the location of the
suspension’s roll center.

4. It makes no difference to handling as to how a non-coil over front spring is installed into a lower
control arm as long as the spring is centered in its seat.

5. Loose handling off the corner is usually due to improper chassis setup when the throttle is
applied.

6. Don’t ever increase stagger or right rear tire trail when racing on a slick track.

7. A stiffer shock helps to load and unload a tire quicker than a softer shock.

8. Place ballast wherever convenient as long as the desired weight percentages are attained.

9. The location of a shock or spring is not nearly as important as its rate.

10. All suspension components should be mounted using stiff or solid type bushings.

11. The RF tire gains negative camber when the chassis rolls.

12. Most dirt track front suspensions need from 3 to 4 degrees negative camber in the right front tire and 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 degrees positive camber in the left front tire.

Ill give it a try. Been to 2 chassis schools but im not the smartest out there either. 1-b 2-b 3-b 4-b 5-b 6-b 7-b 8-b 9-b 10-b 11-b 12-b All are false but some by not much i think.

What would I be implying? I know the answers are on the website. Simply stating if you understand these questions/answers it can make you a bigger chassis guy.

Back