Any body know him???

upsmanluvracin

Just wondering if any body knows the older gentleman who use to come in at I-55 with the big 10 gallon hat. I think at one time he said he used to be a champion at I-55 years ago. I just want to see how he is doing because I have not seen him there this year. Hope he is ok. Thanks for the info...

??? I don't recall Gervase Basler being a champion in my time. Not sure if he was before me. The only guy I know that wears a big cowboy type hat would be a guy they call Noisy that used to be a pit man for Donnie Klein I do believe. Was the hat a blue jean type with FORD on it?

He would come over to turn 3 and sit there late in the races. He always came over wipe down where he was going to sit and then lived the dream and always sat by myself.I know he would go down to the pits after the races. I really dont know if he is a champion at I-55 or maybe some where else, thats what I was told. He alway seemed to me, be in heaven every time I saw him. Thanks

Basler was a hell of a driver in his day. If he wasn't a champion then what was will the living room full of trophies at his house for?:D

I believe Noisy has been to I-55 most weeks this year. He was driving a beautiful old red pickup (not certain what year), but for some reason he has had problems with it this year. Some people have been giving him a ride, so I expect that is why his routine has changed.

Chaplain
Tim Bozarth

Back