Any interest in Animals at Bedrock?

tobias101

Livin' the dream.........
It should be possible to add one animal class at Bedrock this year.....if there is enough interest.

There was a lot of talk about the subject at the last winter meeting but none ever showed up.

Does anybody know why that fell thru?

Please pm, email or post....

The possibility was raised about running the animals with the flatheads. I think that should be considered as well. Justin had some info posted on Bedrock's site concerning this subject.

The bottom line is that we should try to do what we can to increase the kart count at Bedrock.

The possibility was raised about running the animals with the flatheads. I think that should be considered as well. Justin had some info posted on Bedrock's site concerning this subject.

The bottom line is that we should try to do what we can to increase the kart count at Bedrock.

I agree. If they follow the rules used for Tunica things should be fairly even.

I suggest running a kart with a flathead motor then run the same kart on the same day with a restricted animal and see how they compare.

I think there would be plenty of interest in the animal engine, but it's not going happen right away. It has to be a gradual process, and people have to be willing to let the animals and flatheads run together. I doubt you will get enough animals to make a decent class the first year, and people don't want to buy an animal to run against 3 or 4 other karts. If you had animals and flatheads together, with the rules from Tunica, it would allow people some time to make the decision. I would bet there would be a number of animals at the track after a year or two of running them together.

Honestly, from what I saw at Tunica, the animals had no advantage over the flatheat with the restrictor plates. I don't think any class, where they ran them together, was dominated by one type of engine.

animals

this is just my oppinion; you keep talking about running animals and flattys in same class. If you do that, all your doing is running flatheads off quicker than normal. we ran all last year in jr gold against animal and they ran off all flatheads, or the flathead drivers went out and bought an animal to compete.
you say at tunica, both are equal, but look at the teams that race tunica. They have the best of the best. New karts, best motors, more sets of tires than their kart is worth, with prep and more knowledge than any local racers or beginners have. Most peaple will not run a flathead against an animal, but animals will love to run in flathead class. If you want to keep both classes active, then separate the points and money, until you get enough for 2 classes. Most of us can't afford the best stuff. jmo

this is just my oppinion; you keep talking about running animals and flattys in same class. If you do that, all your doing is running flatheads off quicker than normal. we ran all last year in jr gold against animal and they ran off all flatheads, or the flathead drivers went out and bought an animal to compete.
you say at tunica, both are equal, but look at the teams that race tunica. They have the best of the best. New karts, best motors, more sets of tires than their kart is worth, with prep and more knowledge than any local racers or beginners have. Most peaple will not run a flathead against an animal, but animals will love to run in flathead class. If you want to keep both classes active, then separate the points and money, until you get enough for 2 classes. Most of us can't afford the best stuff. jmo

goody78rsg, when you ran against the animals, did they have restrictor plates? I'm sure running open animals against open flatheads would run off most of the flatheads. However, that's not the point I was trying to make. I know most of the teams in Tunica have great equipment, and good drivers, but I watched a lot of flatheads outrun the "animals with the gold restrictor plate." I'm not talking about all good teams either. The thing is, if you allow the two engines to run the same class, you give people the option to run whatever they want.

this is just my oppinion; you keep talking about running animals and flattys in same class.

The original question was "Is there any interest in running animals at Bedrodck?" I am sure Frank would love to add a class or two if the karts show up each week.

Tom Ham has shown interest in a Jr. 2 animal class. If they can gather 4 or more I say bring them out and let them race, in there own class.

I would not encourage mixing flatties and animals in the restricted classes. No one has done any testing to see how to make them fairly even. The stock classes are a different story...I watched the races at Tunica and the flatties could and did run with the "restricted" animals.

I think the main focus of any conversation should be "How do we get more folks involved in karting and how can we make it cheaper for those already racing to keep racing?

The animal is going to save the racer money...in the long run.

animals

I am ready for the "ANIMAL" jr 2 class my motor is one its way from GA , I want to start first night of racing.

I am ready for the "ANIMAL" jr 2 class my motor is one its way from GA , I want to start first night of racing.

Bring three more karts to race with and I believe there Will be a spot for you at Bedrock. Frank might even run you guys with three karts.

animal

I bought a Dover Animal at Tunica I would love to run it because it will run strong all season without a rebuild. Doesnt matter to me if it is a Animal only class or animal vrs flat head. I just hope there is enough racers for a heavy class. I believe it can be worked out where both motors can be run with both competive. I will have a new Jr2 driver with me this year.

This is the point behind this whole idea...we have people interested who have purchased animals, or plan on purchasing animals, which means we will have more people at the track. That is exactly what karting needs in this area, more karts at the track. If there are enough animals to run a seperate class, that would be great, if not, there are ways to run them together.

This is the point behind this whole idea...we have people interested who have purchased animals, or plan on purchasing animals, which means we will have more people at the track. That is exactly what karting needs in this area, more karts at the track. If there are enough animals to run a seperate class, that would be great, if not, there are ways to run them together.

Well put Justin.

If there are animals that are going to run with the flatties at Bedrock, I think a decision should be made as to what plate is going to be run on the animals in each class. We need to get it figured out before the start of season. If the decision is made then the animals and flatties will be able to run together on the first night. If we wait until opening night, it's going to be a total CF!!!!

Is Andy Hicks coming out of retirement? :D

I don't think mixing the animals is a good idea without some on track testing first. I'm pretty sure the rules used at Tunica work but I think testing at the Rock should be done before any descision to mix the two is made.

I would say that the super heavy class was a bust last year. I think we ran the class once and heavy wasn't musch better...two or three times.

Loosing the two classes discourages karts from running two classes. There isn't enough time between heats to allow mulitple classes....trust me on this, I tried it a few times and it was not fun.

Add at least one animal class and you get more karts and the stockers have the ability to run two classes.

The flatties win......more seat time, more chances to win.
The animals win...they have a local track to race at.
The track wins...more karts and more entries.

I do not see any draw back to encouraging an animal class at Bedrock.

jmo

we ran with the animals at bellrive last year and couldnt keep up and that was on a new chassis brand new tires and a fresh musgrave motor and the animal had a restrictor plate in it you have to make them add like 100 lbs cause they have so much more tourqe

we ran with the animals at bellrive last year and couldnt keep up and that was on a new chassis brand new tires and a fresh musgrave motor and the animal had a restrictor plate in it you have to make them add like 100 lbs cause they have so much more tourqe

Hopefully, Bellrive will adjust their rules to level the feild. I would suggest trying the rules laid out for Tunica. They worked and no one had to add any weight.

The main point of this trhread is to reach out to the people that have animals but don't have any place to race them.

I hope there is enough interest to have a jr and a stock class of strictly animals.

tunica did not mix the animals in the jr. class because it is an unfair advantage in that class. I believe that is the class yuo are refering to dixon. I ran there every race last year and the only stock animal in the jr. class. No one will beat the kid he is the track favorite. My brother is competitive but cannot beat him. I think it would be okay to mix them in the unrestricted, blue, and purples. Just like the rules tunica lined out for last years race. That way everyone can be competitive and the tracks can grow. The animal is the future and people are going to have to slowley get them, so we need to try and cator to everyone at this time until that time comes.

Animals or Flatheads

It would be great to run both together, but from what I have seen, no matter what kind of weight or restrictor rule you impose, some one will not be happy. Add to that the fact that many wanting to get into karting, will be looking for the cheapest way to start, and for them, the best option may be the flatheads that animal owners are selling. I am sure that they dont want to get out on a track and be blown away. Everyone should have the opportunity to race on an even keel. The animals are coming, but it may be a while before the flattys die a slow death.
JMO

It would be great to run both together, but from what I have seen, no matter what kind of weight or restrictor rule you impose, some one will not be happy. Add to that the fact that many wanting to get into karting, will be looking for the cheapest way to start, and for them, the best option may be the flatheads that animal owners are selling. I am sure that they dont want to get out on a track and be blown away. Everyone should have the opportunity to race on an even keel. The animals are coming, but it may be a while before the flattys die a slow death.
JMO

AMEN!!!!!!

Back